COMPLETE: Sketches of Gotham by Owen Davis -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
whitlang

Post by whitlang »

ToddHW wrote: March 26th, 2023, 4:39 pm
BrianFullen wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:58 pm
whitlang wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:30 pm Steady there, boy. Let's not get too excited before we see the rushes...
Rushes? You could have Hollywood looks, how the heck would I know? I had you pegged for the Broadway stage. Maybe, I'm wrong about that. Maybe not.

I'm glad you are on this project, don't get me wrong, but at some point you should wander over to Readers Wanted: Dramatic Works. I don't know why I stayed out of there so long, myself, but I recently stumbled in that door and wasn't tossed out. I got a part ... an actual speaking part ... two lines and I did not blow the chance completely! I'm so proud!

Seriously, there are people on this project who seem to live there. ToddHW, for example, is like maybe a producer or something. And I think maybe Val has been hanging around the stage door lately, looking to elbow her way in. Check it out. You'd be good at it. No joke.
Note that the door to Dramatic Works is sorta one-way. Addiction sets in as you enter and you will (almost) never go back outside to other things, including Real Life, again....

You have been warned, Todd
So you're saying that even if I wrap my head in aluminum foil, won't matter a bit? I may have to consult my ouija board on this one.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Aluminum foil is a bit modern for the plays we do - I'm in ancient Greece with Aristophanes "Birds" this evening - but even if it had been invented then, resistance would still be useless....

Abandon Hope All Ye, etc.

Thanks, Todd
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

whitlang wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:12 pm
So you're saying that even if I wrap my head in aluminum foil, won't matter a bit? I may have to consult my ouija board on this one.
If I've learned anything from Ike Swift, it's that everybody is trying to con everybody else all of the time. Believe you me, kid, I won't steer you wrong. And you can take that to the bank!
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

ToddHW wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:18 pm Aluminum foil is a bit modern for the plays we do - I'm in ancient Greece with Aristophanes "Birds" this evening - but even if it had been invented then, resistance would still be useless....

Abandon Hope All Ye, etc.

Thanks, Todd
If you come across Diogenes, tell him he still owes me twenty bucks, the bum.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

ChuckW wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:35 am Section 4 - https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sketchesofgotham_04_davis_128kb.mp3 [New Time: 18:02]
Thanks, much!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

BrianFullen wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:36 am
ChuckW wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:35 am Section 4 - https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sketchesofgotham_04_davis_128kb.mp3 [New Time: 18:02]
Thanks, much!
Chuck,

Your corrections were great, completely seamless. However, in one of those corrections, you made a different mistake :( :

8:41 so long as she was satisfied? You said far

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

whitlang wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:21 pm Here comes the mo' betta' version of section 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sketchesofgotham_07_davis_128kb.mp3

Got my fingers crossed.

jsw
Section 7 sounds great. Your corrections were seamless.

Section 7 is PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

valroth wrote: March 26th, 2023, 8:55 am Hi Wayne!

Oooo, such good ears, thanks for catching that! I think I’ve got it right now. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sketchesofgotham_25_davis_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:23

Val
Great job. I so enjoy your readings.

Section 25 is PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
valroth

Post by valroth »

Great job. I so enjoy your readings.

Section 25 is PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks,

Wayne
[/quote]

Thank you! So happy to hear that! :D
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
valroth

Post by valroth »

Well, here’s the final section... and amazingly, Owen Davis gave us a happy ending! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sketchesofgotham_29_davis_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:11

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

valroth wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:30 am Well, here’s the final section... and amazingly, Owen Davis gave us a happy ending! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sketchesofgotham_29_davis_128kb.mp3

Val
Oh, no, tragic! :cry: Oh, wait, you don't mean the final section that we'll hear from you on this or other projects! :D You mean the final section in this project! 8-) Where is that relieved emoji face? :hmm: Now that I feel better I will mark it Ready for PL. :clap: After I've applauded, that is.
valroth

Post by valroth »

BrianFullen wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:27 am
valroth wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:30 am Well, here’s the final section... and amazingly, Owen Davis gave us a happy ending! :D

Val
Oh, no, tragic! :cry: Oh, wait, you don't mean the final section that we'll hear from you on this or other projects! :D You mean the final section in this project! 8-) Where is that relieved emoji face? :hmm: Now that I feel better I will mark it Ready for PL. :clap: After I've applauded, that is.
Are you kidding, meeee disappear from this playground? I’m just getting started! :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

valroth wrote: March 30th, 2023, 10:04 am Are you kidding, meeee disappear from this playground? I’m just getting started! :lol:
Well, then, dear lady, permitest my saying that ... legend has it that ... incomparable beauties are as yet wooed by heroic hunks in fantastical locales such as Canada and, perhaps, here as well viewtopic.php?t=94704
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »