Greetings

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Esnem

Post by Esnem »

Hello LibriVox Family!

I am very excited to make that first step in exploring a new found passion. I have been told I have a wonderful voice, that my presence is inviting and calming, but I’ve never actually explored this side of me. Recently I’ve been listening to audiobooks on audible while I work and there was a spark!

I thought about all those times I read books and voiced some of the lines, merging with the character and enjoying it. Then there’s also those moments where a random scenario would come to mind and I would get into character, speaking out loud… EM-BA-RAS-SING. Happened one too many times around others.

I love Romance novels! Can’t do without em! I also LOVE horror, however I’ve only ever watched this genre, never read any books. I would like to explore this genre as I embark on this exciting journey.

I will examine every nook and cranny of this forum to begin the journey of volunteer reading and anything else I take a fancy to!

Thanks for having me. Looking forward to growing with this family.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Esnem wrote: March 25th, 2023, 4:31 pm Hello LibriVox Family!

I am very excited to make that first step in exploring a new found passion. I have been told I have a wonderful voice, that my presence is inviting and calming, but I’ve never actually explored this side of me. Recently I’ve been listening to audiobooks on audible while I work and there was a spark!

I thought about all those times I read books and voiced some of the lines, merging with the character and enjoying it. Then there’s also those moments where a random scenario would come to mind and I would get into character, speaking out loud… EM-BA-RAS-SING. Happened one too many times around others.

I love Romance novels! Can’t do without em! I also LOVE horror, however I’ve only ever watched this genre, never read any books. I would like to explore this genre as I embark on this exciting journey.

I will examine every nook and cranny of this forum to begin the journey of volunteer reading and anything else I take a fancy to!

Thanks for having me. Looking forward to growing with this family.
Hi! Welcome here! May I suggest you go here first viewforum.php?f=18 then post your one minute test and get approval (here's the link for that http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test) and THEN sign up for a chapter in one of the books you will find in the Readers Wanted thread. After your one minute test is approved, I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or more, in the books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine
Esnem

Post by Esnem »

brownrottger wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:39 am Hi! Welcome here! May I suggest you go here first viewforum.php?f=18 then post your one minute test and get approval (here's the link for that http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test) and THEN sign up for a chapter in one of the books you will find in the Readers Wanted thread. After your one minute test is approved, I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or more, in the books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine
Hello!

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes indeed that is the next step. Attempted with my current razer headset and that didn't work out so I didn't bother to waste anyone's time with that disaster. Went ahead and ordered Samson Q9U and only got it today after a week's wait. "excited"
However I found that I am plagued with another issue... I live with talkative family members.. I will have to choose my time wisely as it relates to recording! No worries, I will make do!
Thanks again!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Esnem wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 8:12 am
brownrottger wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:39 am Hi! Welcome here! May I suggest you go here first viewforum.php?f=18 then post your one minute test and get approval (here's the link for that http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test) and THEN sign up for a chapter in one of the books you will find in the Readers Wanted thread. After your one minute test is approved, I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or more, in the books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine
Hello!

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes indeed that is the next step. Attempted with my current razer headset and that didn't work out so I didn't bother to waste anyone's time with that disaster. Went ahead and ordered Samson Q9U and only got it today after a week's wait. "excited"
However I found that I am plagued with another issue... I live with talkative family members.. I will have to choose my time wisely as it relates to recording! No worries, I will make do!
Thanks again!
Yes, its great to have persistence! This is quite an honorable endeavor you are undertaking!