The Black Buccaneer by Stephen W Meader

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

I just completed contributing six chapters to "Seen on the Stage." Now I'd like to strike out on my own and narrate an entire book. This book is the first published novel (copyright 1920) by one of the best adventure story writers from a hundred years ago. It seems like Gutenberg hasn't heard of this author (doesn't come up on a search of their site), but I'm guessing it's P.D. based on the copyright date. I do not know whether I just go ahead and start recording, or if I need an OK from somebody at Librivox first.
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

I meant for this to go in the "Book Suggestions" forum, but I don't think it did. Still figuring out how this works.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Warren. If you want to start a solo project, you need to fill out the project template and get the code and copy and paste it as the top post in a new thread in the Launch Pad section of the forum. viewforum.php?f=28

You will find a link to the Project Template Generator in that same forum in the thread titled Want to start a solo recording? here: viewtopic.php?t=13513

Here is a link to The Black Buccaneer on Project Gutenberg.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28418/

Stephen W. Meader is a new author for LibriVox, but I will add him to the database so you don't run into problems with the Project Template Generator. :)
Jo