Complete [SOLO] The Literature of Arabia by Epihanius Wilson-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

The Literature of Arabia, by Epiphanius Wilson (1845 - 1916)
A collection of many romantic stories: it has no epic unity. It will remind the reader of the "Morte d'Arthur" of Sir Thomas Malory, rather than of the "Iliad." The author chose the most striking of these episodes as best calculated to serve as genuine specimens of Arabian literature. They will transport the modern reader into a new world—which is yet the old, long vanished world of pastoral simplicity and warlike enthusiasm, in primitive Arabia. (Summary by Epiphanius Wilson)

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-literature-of-arabia-by-epiphanius-wilson/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10121

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage Fiction; Poetry; Romance; Short Stories; *Non-fiction/War & Military

Keywords that describe the book: arabian nights, Antar, arabia, arabian poetry

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Literature of Arabia. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Literature of Arabia, by Epiphanius Wilson. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Literature of Arabia, by Epiphanius Wilson. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Literature of Arabia, by Epiphanius Wilson."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: literatureofarabia_##_wilson_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. literatureofarabia_01_wilson_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Paul,
I'll MC this for you. Now you just need a proof listener. I added the tilde so everyone will know you need one.
Cheers,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

alg1001 wrote: March 25th, 2023, 3:20 pm Hi Paul,
I'll MC this for you. Now you just need a proof listener. I added the tilde so everyone will know you need one.
Cheers,
Amy
Thanks very much Amy, sorry I forgot about the tilde.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hello, Paul,

I can DPL for you. This looks quite interesting.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

LCaulkins wrote: March 27th, 2023, 1:58 pm Hello, Paul,

I can DPL for you. This looks quite interesting.
Hi Lynette - that would be great. Thanks ever so much 😊.

Hey Amy tilde be gone 😄
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

The tilde is gone. Lynette is officially DPL. I'll move you to Going Solo. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Last edited by PaulWelford on March 31st, 2023, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Both are queued :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Paul! Bear with me, I haven't forgotten that I signed on as your DPL.

I just got in a very unusual super heavy load of files to PL all at once at the time that you started submitting. Your first two sections will come up in today's listening, and I've queued section 3.
~Lynette * -
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

LCaulkins wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:30 am Hi, Paul! Bear with me, I haven't forgotten that I signed on as your DPL.

I just got in a very unusual super heavy load of files to PL all at once at the time that you started submitting. Your first two sections will come up in today's listening, and I've queued section 3.
No worries. I know the feeling. No rush. I’ve got 70 something to do but they’re mostly v short so you’ll catch up in no time once you start.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hello :)

This is going to be a good book. Glad I saw your project :)

Sections 1 and 2 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Thanks very much Lynette. Glad you like it. Unfortunately there are only four chapters with prose initially, the rest are poems until a few more at the end. But I like it too. If you like this, you should check out Kanana too.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Khaled and Djaida is PL OK :thumbs:

Interesting story!
~Lynette * -
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

LCaulkins wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 1:13 pm Khaled and Djaida is PL OK :thumbs:

Interesting story!
Thanks. I’m rather daunted by Chapter 4. There are at least 10 different voices and at least half of them occur multiple times: a lot of characters to keep vocally consistent track of. I might skip for now and do some poems and come back to it. Advice welcome.