New Project Template Generator Not Working

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Arten

Post by Arten »

Trying to use the New Project Template Generator to create a solo recording proposal, but the page keeps crashing on me, saying that the website is unable to process this request. Could this be a time-of-day thing, or a cookies thing, or something else?

Thanks!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

could you copy the template just before you send it and paste it in a post - it's unlikely to be a time of day thing , it's usually something like an odd character or something like non numeric date fields like N/A.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What Anne said. Leave all non-numeric characters out of the date and other number/date fields.

Usually it's a new author, and there's something in the fields for that author that cause the submission to be rejected.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Arten

Post by Arten »

How would I copy the code and post it here? Not sure how to go about doing that.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

The page that is generated with the code has a copy button on the top right. Just click that to copy the code to your clipboard. Then start at new thread in the LaunchPad and paste the copied code into the top post.
Jo
Arten

Post by Arten »

It's not letting me get to that page, I don't think. Every time I hit "Generate my Forum code" is when it crashes.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi!

Who is the author? If he's a new author, please provide the info, an admin can add the author in the database, so you can then choose then from the drop-down menu.

Also check that in any dates(years) field, you use only numbers - no letters, punctuation or spaces.
Finally, avoid using any special characters, like ü, é, ç. If there should be any in the title, your MC admin can add them after the project is set up.
Arten

Post by Arten »

The work I want to do is Six Months at the White House (with Abraham Lincoln) by Francis Bicknell Carpenter. https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Six_Months_at_the_White_House is my source. (Sometimes the "with Abraham Lincoln" is included, but in this version it isn't.)

Thank you for your help & patience.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I don't see this author in our database, so I'll try to add them now and I'll post again.
Arten

Post by Arten »

Thank you! Also not sure how many "sections" to say, since some chapters are pretty short, but that's looking a little ahead.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I have now added them, so they should be available to pick from the drop-down. Good luck! I hope it works :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Arten wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 8:09 pm Thank you! Also not sure how many "sections" to say, since some chapters are pretty short, but that's looking a little ahead.
Looking ahead is good; it shows you're serious about the project :D It's up to you if you'd like to combine some chapters or just go with the author's division even if they're short.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Make a reasonable guess on the number of sections. Sections can be added (or removed by your MC) after the project is underway.
Jo
Arten

Post by Arten »

Worked! Just uploaded; thank you!