[COMPLETE] Anthology of Magazine Verse for 1914, edited by William Stanley Braithwaite - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

redrun wrote: March 18th, 2023, 4:08 pm Aye, that'll work. If you've got a link to your recording of that line, I can get it edited in soon.

Hmm, Remembrance (section 26) does look interesting. I wonder why about half the lines are italicized... but yes, I'll record it if the current reader cannot. Looks like expiration is next week, and I should be able to record then.

Here's wishing you the best on your recovery, and a productive time in Mexico!
Oh, sorry, I should have mentioned I just did insert that, uploaded it and marked it PL OK. Didn't mean to short-cut you. The whole thing sounds just great as you had edited it! I thank you for the suggestion to do this one collaboratively. I think this is a great addition to the volume. :D

Yes, the expiration date is next Thursday 23. I will try to update the MW, but if Daniel hasn't shown up, go ahead and take it. I leave early Friday for Ensenada, but will be back late Sunday. I think we'll have time to get this volume ready before the end of the Month.

Thanks again for your help.
(No idea about the italics)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

silverquill wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:32 pm Oh, sorry, I should have mentioned I just did insert that, uploaded it and marked it PL OK. Didn't mean to short-cut you. The whole thing sounds just great as you had edited it! I thank you for the suggestion to do this one collaboratively. I think this is a great addition to the volume. :D
Ah, gotcha. That's alright, but I do have the one line I re-recorded too. Would you mind if I put your sailor line into my tweaked version, or would you prefer I take your version and replace only that one line?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

redrun wrote: March 18th, 2023, 10:45 pm
silverquill wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:32 pm Oh, sorry, I should have mentioned I just did insert that, uploaded it and marked it PL OK. Didn't mean to short-cut you. The whole thing sounds just great as you had edited it! I thank you for the suggestion to do this one collaboratively. I think this is a great addition to the volume. :D
Ah, gotcha. That's alright, but I do have the one line I re-recorded too. Would you mind if I put your sailor line into my tweaked version, or would you prefer I take your version and replace only that one line?
Nope, have at it!

You can grab the sailor line from the current version.
I save almost everything, but not that. :wink:
~ Larry
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

silverquill wrote: March 21st, 2023, 10:36 pm You can grab the sailor line from the current version.
I save almost everything, but not that. :wink:
One last thing, then: we'll need a voice credit for you as Sailor 2. Could you upload it as a separate file?
Alternatively, I could say "Sailor 2", and use your "read by Larry Wilson" from earlier, but if it's not too much trouble. :wink:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

As requested, here is section 26, Remembrance: Greek Folk-Song by Margaret Widdemer.

There is memory in the forest.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/anthologyofmagazineverse1914_26_braithwaite_128kb.mp3 (2:03)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

redrun wrote: March 24th, 2023, 5:43 pm As requested, here is section 26, Remembrance: Greek Folk-Song by Margaret Widdemer.

There is memory in the forest.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/anthologyofmagazineverse1914_26_braithwaite_128kb.mp3 (2:03)
Fantastic! Marked this PL OK

I've uploaded Section 19 and it is Ready for PL

Here is a voice credit for Sailor Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/xx-nonproject/sailor_two_voice.mp3

Once these are done, I'll give the MW a final check and send it over to Ann

Got two little house set up in Mexico! Great trip. :D
~ Larry
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

silverquill wrote: March 27th, 2023, 2:27 pm I've uploaded Section 19 and it is Ready for PL

Here is a voice credit for Sailor Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/xx-nonproject/sailor_two_voice.mp3

Once these are done, I'll give the MW a final check and send it over to Ann

Got two little house set up in Mexico! Great trip. :D
Section 19, PL OK! :thumbs:

Section 11, Fight has been re-uploaded. The line I re-recorded is 2 seconds, now beginning @11:11. Your new voice credit is @0:32, and the Sailor 2 line @21:40. Other changes are only slight timing and volume adjustments, as previously mentioned.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/anthologyofmagazineverse1914_11_braithwaite_128kb.mp3 (28:19)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
I've checked everything for this collaborative reading, and it is fantastic!
Thanks again for the suggestion and doing so much work on it. :D

Final review of the MW is good, so we can send this over to Ann for the final wrap up for the catalog.
It has been a monumental project, especially with the collaborative readings, and I think it is a unique offering.

Thank you everyone who lent their voices to this collection of poetry!
~ Larry
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/anthology-of-magazine-verse-for-1914-by-william-stanley-braithwaite/

Great job, everyone! Thank you so much for participating in this project, and a humongous thank you goes out to our BC and DPL, Larry! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
DanielSilverman

Post by DanielSilverman »

silverquill wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 2:41 am
DanielSilverman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 2:35 am
Thank you, Larry. Your kind and supportive response is much appreciated.
Sure, I'll take on the newly available poems, 19 and 26.

Daniel
Terrific!
I've put you in for these.
Yikes, I never did 19 and 26. I'm so glad you found other readers. I got busy at work and didn't realize how much time had passed. I'm glad this anthology is complete and I hope you'll accept my apology!