How to present a file for advice

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

I have an issue with a background "bump" sort of noise that I would like to get advice on how to clean. I re-recorded the passage in the solo I am working on, but have found it several times in a short story.

I think I have figured out what is causing it, but would prefer to clean it from the short story, as it there a number of times.

Long way to get to my question. If I want to present the issue in a short clip for advice, where do I upload the clip to?
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You're already in the right forum. ;-)

You can ask your questions here, with a file that indicates the problem.
Upload the file to the "tests" folder, it gets cleared out regularly, but I assume you won't need the file again in a year or so. ;-)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm looking forward to this. I edit my newly recorded files by going through them start-to-end. I've sometime had to clean periodic thumps ... occasionally enough for me to rerecord, to save the fiddlling around. But recently I've noticed that it seems to be linked to recording while the computer's speakers are switched on (that is, over the last few recordings, I've not noticed the thumps when I've had the speakers switched off).

It'll be interesting to see if there's a similarity.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Availle wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:37 am You're already in the right forum. ;-)

You can ask your questions here, with a file that indicates the problem.
Upload the file to the "tests" folder, it gets cleared out regularly, but I assume you won't need the file again in a year or so. ;-)
Perfect. I thought that the Tests folder might be right, but I didn't want to clutter it with incorrect files, if it wasn't. Will upload this evening.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
jmac698

Post by jmac698 »

I managed to completely erase your thump sound by the way, in the other thread.
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

jmac698 wrote: March 20th, 2023, 8:03 pm I managed to completely erase your thump sound by the way, in the other thread.
Great! I will check that out.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page