[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 03 No. 5 February 1898 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: March 5th, 2023, 12:37 pmI'm so sorry. I'll be very careful next time.
no worries, it's already corrected :) but stay tuned in case there are PL notes. Tomorrow then.

Good night

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: March 5th, 2023, 12:38 pm
SaraHale wrote: March 5th, 2023, 12:37 pmI'm so sorry. I'll be very careful next time.
no worries, it's already corrected :) but stay tuned in case there are PL notes. Tomorrow then.

Good night

Sonia
I'm so happy to heart that. Of course. Good night!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this situation was SO funny :lol: I loved the story and it was excellently narrated. Thank you so much Sarah. :thumbs: Poor Mrs Rennecker ;) but I like a happy ending, even for Margaret.

On the whole the text was wonderfully read, but you made one important error by calling Miss Stewart constantly Mrs Steward :? but since Jasper is in love with her, she is definitely an unmarried woman. Unfortunately that name appeared quite a few times, sorry about that. Would it be possible to correct them ?

> at 3:28: (p. 39) "that my soul had been inoculated with the virus of moral degeneration" – there's a glitch in the audio, I only hear "inculated" and "degregation"
> at 6:36: (p. 40) "while in the state of somnambulism" – you say "sombulism"
> at 11:48: (p. 41) "it was as though I had severed all relation" – you say "served"
> at 15:16: (p. 43) "Miss Stewart is unworthy of your love"
> at 16:05: (p. 43) "his love for Miss Stewart"
> at 18:06: (p. 44) "you are entirely mistaken in Miss Steward"
> at 19:41: (p. 44) "I dare not ask Miss Stewart"
> at 20:15: (p. 44) "I wish you to be close to Miss Stewart"
> at 23:00: (p. 45) "I wonder where Miss Stewart is tonight"
> at 25:06: (p. 46) "in the original attire of Miss Stewart"
> at 25:42: (p. 46) "Miss Stewart was here this afternoon"
> at 26:18: (p. 47) "Miss Stewart steps in"
> at 26:33: (p. 47) "through the sultry July days, but Miss Stewart did not return" – you say "sullery"
> at 28:15: (p. 47) "have seen Miss Stewart"

thank you

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

A little spooky, a little sweet, a little sad. I hope you enjoy.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0305feb1898_3_various_128kb.mp3 Length: 19:33
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 6th, 2023, 8:01 pmA little spooky, a little sweet, a little sad. I hope you enjoy.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0305feb1898_3_various_128kb.mp3 Length: 19:33
indeed spooky, but in the end it was all a dream. Wonderfully narrated, I marvel how fast a speaker you can be when you play Farrington :lol: I would have got my tongue in a knot. Absolutely PL ok. Thank you, Julie.

So: only waiting for a few edits from Sarah, and then we can wrap this up. :9:

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi, Sonia.

Here's the corrected file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0305feb1898_5_various_128kb.mp3

The track Length is 29:08

Kitty wrote: March 6th, 2023, 1:55 am this situation was SO funny :lol: I loved the story and it was excellently narrated. Thank you so much Sarah. :thumbs: Poor Mrs Rennecker ;) but I like a happy ending, even for Margaret.

On the whole the text was wonderfully read, but you made one important error by calling Miss Stewart constantly Mrs Steward :? but since Jasper is in love with her, she is definitely an unmarried woman. Unfortunately that name appeared quite a few times, sorry about that. Would it be possible to correct them ?

> at 3:28: (p. 39) "that my soul had been inoculated with the virus of moral degeneration" – there's a glitch in the audio, I only hear "inculated" and "degregation"
> at 6:36: (p. 40) "while in the state of somnambulism" – you say "sombulism"
> at 11:48: (p. 41) "it was as though I had severed all relation" – you say "served"
> at 15:16: (p. 43) "Miss Stewart is unworthy of your love"
> at 16:05: (p. 43) "his love for Miss Stewart"
> at 18:06: (p. 44) "you are entirely mistaken in Miss Steward"
> at 19:41: (p. 44) "I dare not ask Miss Stewart"
> at 20:15: (p. 44) "I wish you to be close to Miss Stewart"
> at 23:00: (p. 45) "I wonder where Miss Stewart is tonight"
> at 25:06: (p. 46) "in the original attire of Miss Stewart"
> at 25:42: (p. 46) "Miss Stewart was here this afternoon"
> at 26:18: (p. 47) "Miss Stewart steps in"
> at 26:33: (p. 47) "through the sultry July days, but Miss Stewart did not return" – you say "sullery"
> at 28:15: (p. 47) "have seen Miss Stewart"

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: March 11th, 2023, 1:54 amHere's the corrected file.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0305feb1898_5_various_128kb.mp3
thank you so much, Sarah, the edits are excellently done, I'm so sorry it was such a big task to change all the Mrs into Miss. But you did it perfectly.

PL ok. And that means we can catalogue.

Here are the teasers, as always.
> In the Power House: never try to betray the love of a powerful electrical machine
> The Man Down Cellar: locking an unknown person in a cellar may not be such a bright idea
> The Evening Spirit: two men receive news from the afterlife
> The Love Chase of Austin: will a silk stocking lead to true love or not ?
> My Detective Instinct: a detective is tasked to investigate an unusual suspect
thank you all for your great contributions: Greg, Julie, Meredith, Paula and Sarah

Will post the link once it's catalogued

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and it's catalogued:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-03-05-feb1898-by-various/

moving to Completed...

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi, Sonia.

You're most welcome. I'm sorry about the trouble. I guess it's a little difficult when there are a lot of s's right after each other. And thank you for the teaser. :thumbs:
Kitty wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:16 am thank you so much, Sarah, the edits are excellently done, I'm so sorry it was such a big task to change all the Mrs into Miss. But you did it perfectly.

PL ok. And that means we can catalogue.

Here are the teasers, as always.
> In the Power House: never try to betray the love of a powerful electrical machine
> The Man Down Cellar: locking an unknown person in a cellar may not be such a bright idea
> The Evening Spirit: two men receive news from the afterlife
> The Love Chase of Austin: will a silk stocking lead to true love or not ?
> My Detective Instinct: a detective is tasked to investigate an unusual suspect
thank you all for your great contributions: Greg, Julie, Meredith, Paula and Sarah

Will post the link once it's catalogued

Sonia