COMPLETE [DR][Hardy Boys #2] The House on the Cliff-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Redbeard530 wrote: February 5th, 2023, 2:52 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_smuff_13.mp3 1:21

Let me know if anything needs a tweak, and I'm more than open to constructive criticism, or feedback of any kind. Thanks!
Alright! Queued for PL, and I'll let you know of any issues or suggestions. :)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Redbeard530 wrote: February 5th, 2023, 2:52 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_smuff_13.mp3 1:21

Let me know if anything needs a tweak, and I'm more than open to constructive criticism, or feedback of any kind. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in PL! Thank you for a perfectly ponderous Smuff, ready to keep the chief happy, so long as there's no haunted house involved. PL OK! :thumbs:

I appreciate having the alt-takes you gave, so I can match them against the other readers' tone in the conversation. These particular spots I think were well chosen, thank you!
The volume of the file overall is good, though there are a few lines that feel louder than the others. That's not a problem here, since I'll be adjusting each line at editing time, but if you'd like to see how some experienced readers handle that and other potential issues, there's a neat thread here: viewtopic.php?t=96439

Thanks again for joining, both LibriVox and this particular Dramatic Reading. If you'd like to do another role in this play, I think Phil is the only one with a conflict - any other open role is yours for the asking. There are also plenty of other plays and dramatic readings too, and of course, the books! :D
Redbeard530

Post by Redbeard530 »

redrun wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:47 pm

Sorry for the delay in PL! Thank you for a perfectly ponderous Smuff, ready to keep the chief happy, so long as there's no haunted house involved. PL OK! :thumbs:

I appreciate having the alt-takes you gave, so I can match them against the other readers' tone in the conversation. These particular spots I think were well chosen, thank you!
The volume of the file overall is good, though there are a few lines that feel louder than the others. That's not a problem here, since I'll be adjusting each line at editing time, but if you'd like to see how some experienced readers handle that and other potential issues, there's a neat thread here: viewtopic.php?t=96439

Thanks again for joining, both LibriVox and this particular Dramatic Reading. If you'd like to do another role in this play, I think Phil is the only one with a conflict - any other open role is yours for the asking. There are also plenty of other plays and dramatic readings too, and of course, the books! :D
You've talked me into it. I'll do Redhead.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Redbeard530 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 5:14 pm You've talked me into it. I'll do Redhead.
Ha, mission accomplished! :wink:
I'll get the four sections set up shortly, one for each chapter.

Edit: All set, your sections are all assigned. Good to go. :D
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Excellent, all PL OK! :thumbs:
If you're curious what happens to ol' Redhead, you can ask the State Trooper in chapter 24 (page 4). Also, there are no volume anomalies here. :wink:

Thanks again for your part (and parts) in this project, and I hope to work with you again in future! :D
Redbeard530

Post by Redbeard530 »

redrun wrote: February 8th, 2023, 11:35 am
Excellent, all PL OK! :thumbs:
If you're curious what happens to ol' Redhead, you can ask the State Trooper in chapter 24 (page 4). Also, there are no volume anomalies here. :wink:

Thanks again for your part (and parts) in this project, and I hope to work with you again in future! :D
It was a pleasure to participate. Thank you for taking this project on.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Might I take the role of "state trooper" (section 10 in MW and chapter 24, a whopping 2 lines!)?
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Roger wrote: February 8th, 2023, 4:19 pm Might I take the role of "state trooper" (section 10 in MW and chapter 24, a whopping 2 lines!)?
Yes, please! I've assigned that section to you in the MW. Thanks for joining. :D
Roger

Post by Roger »

State trooper uploaded:

File: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_trooper_24.mp3
Length: 0:32

Please let me know of any issues. Glad to fix or improve anything!

Thanks.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Roger wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:34 am Please let me know of any issues. Glad to fix or improve anything!
None needed, I like our no-nonsense Trooper. :wink: Trooper is PL OK! :thumbs:

Thank you for being part of the project, and you're welcome to any other open role if you wish. :D
Roger

Post by Roger »

Great, thank you.
As the offer has been extended, I would be glad to take on the role of Klein. :D
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Roger wrote: February 12th, 2023, 10:05 am Great, thank you.
As the offer has been extended, I would be glad to take on the role of Klein. :D
Alright! Sections assigned in the MW. :D