[COMPLETE][Solo][epic]The Man in the Panther's Skin - Rustaveli tr. Wardrop - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Chapters 22 to 24 uploaded
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and those chapters are PL ok as well. Finally I hope they get a grip and start doing something to get their loves back :lol:

There was a bit of rustling (or maybe still the heavy storm ?) in the final chapter as well. Not too disturbing to mention spots but it came and went. Maybe best not record while the storm is still going on :hmm:

Thanks

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Chapters 25 to 27 are uploaded
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: January 16th, 2023, 11:23 pmChapters 25 to 27 are uploaded
:thumbs: and three PL ok chapters again. I loved the reading in character, especially the voices you had for those sailors :mrgreen:

thanks

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Chapters 28 to 34 are uploaded

Thanks for the comment on the voices. The challenge is to remember what voice I used for which character. I remember reading the start of The Hobbit to a 10-year-old when he was in hospital. His mother came in towards the end of a chapter and he said, "he's reading this cool book to me, and he even remembers what voices he used." His mother looked embarrassed and I said something like, "everyone's got their own way of reading," and made my escape.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:03 pmThe challenge is to remember what voice I used for which character. I remember reading the start of The Hobbit to a 10-year-old when he was in hospital. His mother came in towards the end of a chapter and he said, "he's reading this cool book to me, and he even remembers what voices he used." His mother looked embarrassed and I said something like, "everyone's got their own way of reading," and made my escape.
:lol: no need to be embarrassed. I think especially kids like this dramatic reading in character. I grew up with my sister reading to me, doing all the voices so perfectly that she could leave out all the "he said", "she said" bits because I always knew who was speaking. I loved it. :9:

Sections 28, 29, 30 and 33 are PL ok

A few small edits for the other three:

Section 31:
> from 0:50 to 0:52: (p. 171) between "she said" and "what am I to do" - the pause feels too long and breaks the flow of the speech

Section 32:
> at 0:02: just before "of the man" there is a loud clacking sound which could be cut

Section 34:
> at 0:30: (p. 177) "he could not have" - also some thumping sound here

There are other spots where the background noise is very prominent, not as much as to distract from the text, so I didn't mention them, but maybe you could try to find a quieter room to record ? In the beginning is was much quieter and in the later chapters it starts to become more and more :?

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Kitty wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:43 am Section 31:
> from 0:50 to 0:52: (p. 171) between "she said" and "what am I to do" - the pause feels too long and breaks the flow of the speech

Section 32:
> at 0:02: just before "of the man" there is a loud clacking sound which could be cut

Section 34:
> at 0:30: (p. 177) "he could not have" - also some thumping sound here

Sonia
Replacement files for these three uploaded. Thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:06 pmReplacement files for these three uploaded. Thanks.
excellent cuts and PL ok now, thanks :)

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Chapter 35 uploaded
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow a long chapter this time :thumbs: but perfectly PL ok. And finally the knight has news from his beloved. 8-)

thanks

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Chapters 36 to 40 are uploaded—more tears, but I think Nestan-Daredjan has a valid excuse
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: February 4th, 2023, 10:09 pmChapters 36 to 40 are uploaded—more tears, but I think Nestan-Daredjan has a valid excuse
lots of letter-writing. Now at least they know where she is, I guess the expedition will come soon to an end.

Great job again, all 5 chapters PL ok, thanks

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Chapters 41 to 44 are uploaded (thanks to our National holiday being today). I'll be working from home tomorrow, so will see if I can do the other three at the end of the day.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

enjoy your day off !

and finally there is some swashbuckling action :lol: the damsel in distress is rescued and all are merry.

Now wrapping up in three final chapters...I guess there will be no more drama happening so shortly before the end.

All 4 chapters PL ok, thanks. I loved P'hridon's rolled 'r'. 8-) wish I could do it as well.

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

And so we bring the tale to a fitting finale.

Chapters 45 to 47 uploaded