COMPLETE: The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Tom,
I've marked PL Okay for The Blanched Soldier, however, please check at :11--I believe you should change "3" to "2" since it is Story 2.

Thank you,
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Tom,
If you would like to have another DPL working on this for you--one who can PL more quickly--it's quite alright with me. Just let me know. Otherwise, I'll continue the job, fitting it in amongst my other LV projects.

Thanks,
Lora
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

I'm not in a rush, Lora, although I may seem to be.

Tom
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Thanks for letting me know, Tom-I appreciate your consideration. PL Okay for the Mazarin stone; the different characters' voices sound great.

Lora
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Michael, I am confused about claiming cover art. I read this warning: "If you haven't posted yet in any forums please don't make a claim without posting in this thread so we can communicate with you." So evidently one can make a claim without posting in that thread. But just below that sentence, I read this: "Simply post your project number in this thread, your claim will be added." Those two sentences contradict each other. Which am I to believe?

Tom
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Michael, I approached Michele Fry about the claiming issue and started a lively conversation on a thread. Everyone seems to agree that the page about claiming a cover needs revision. I was asked to revise it, but of course I can't because I don't understand the system. There was some chatter about a "Claims" page, but I can find no link to it on the only page I know of that discusses such things. All I actually learned is that one does not claim a cover on that thread. It's another page altogether, called "Claims." I give up. Can you claim it for me? The cover is ready to go as soon as the final timings are determined.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Tom,
PL Okay for The Three Gables.

L.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Tom. I'm not Michael, but I can put in your claim for the cover of this book.

For future reference, the thread for claiming a cover as a soloist or BC is here viewtopic.php?t=28785

In the top post is the following instruction -

PRECLAIMING A COVER: If you are a BC of a group project or a soloist who wishes to create your own cover for your project, then you can pre-claim the cover before cataloguing is complete. Simply post your project number in this thread, your claim will be added. In this case, please try to have the cover ready by cataloguing time. You will then only need to add the final running time, which your MC can send you once it has been calculated by the cataloguing software.

Jo (your MC for this project :) )
Jo
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Sorry, Jo. I'm working on two projects simultaneously.

As for the page you referred me to—viewtopic.php?t=28785—that is the page I extensively criticized and was invited by Michele Fry to revise. Tricia G. agreed that the page needs revision: "Claiming a cover for a cataloged project is NOT done in this thread. It's done on the claims page. Thus, maybe it should be re-worded, "if you're new to the forums, please don't claim a cover on the covers page [I actually think she means "claims page" here] without posting in this thread, so that we can communicate with you". (Although that direction is in the section referring to the claims page, so I'm not sure it needs to be reworded.)
- Claiming an uncataloged project cover (i.e. pre-claiming) must be done in this thread."

From what I see here, it seems that I have done all that was needed when I posted my claim on the Covers Page. But I had to sweat bullets and trouble several other people to be satisfied I had done it right.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Tom,
The Sussex Vampire is PL Okay.

L.
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Thanks, Lora.

Tom
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Tom,
:D These are going along smoothly; PL Okay for story #6.

L.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Tom,
PL Okay for The Veiled Lodger.

Lora