Hello! Newbie here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
VoiceItChristine

Post by VoiceItChristine »

Hello,

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of these projects.

I'm Christine. I'm American, but I live in France on the border with Luxembourg, and though I lived in Luxembourg for many years, I only speak one (French) of their THREE official languages (French, German and Luxembourgish). Most people I know speak at least four languages!

I will probably do these projects only in English. Even though I speak French, but I'm not sure I have the confidence to READ it and RECORD it, especially if it is old French.

I am an actress and I have some experience doing voice overs, but no experience doing audiobooks, so I am excited to try this challenge.

I look forward to the projects and raise a glass of crémant to you.

Christine
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

VoiceItChristine wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:54 amI live in France on the border with Luxembourg, and though I lived in Luxembourg for many years, I only speak one (French) of their THREE official languages (French, German and Luxembourgish). Most people I know speak at least four languages!
Moien, Christine (you probably understand that much Luxembourgish if you've lived here :mrgreen: )

well, a warm welcome from over the border, because I am Luxembourgish and still living in the country.
Even though I speak French, but I'm not sure I have the confidence to READ it and RECORD it, especially if it is old French.
not many of our projects are really Old French (as in Chanson de Roland)...if ever you want to try it out, there are three open French group projects running right now, or there is the multilingual project if you want to read a small poem or some such. Or the monologues, which might fit if you want to try out your acting qualities in French.

> Introduction à la Vie Dévote: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37664
> Collection: pièces en un acte & monologues 003: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=86469
> La Lecture, tome cinquième: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=95320
> Multilingual Short Works Collection 034 - Poetry & Prose: viewtopic.php?t=95878

Great that you already did your one minute test, just wait for feedback, before you start, but you can check on any project already and claim a section if you are interested. There's a multitude of English projects, to start out before you venture into French ;)
I am an actress and I have some experience doing voice overs, but no experience doing audiobooks, so I am excited to try this challenge.
I predict you will probably be drawn to our drama forum soon enough: viewforum.php?f=27 we're having great fun there and welcome every new talent. If you check out Todd's new plays, chances are high you will get me as prooflistener.

All the best, and maybe I'll be hearing you in one of the projects one day :)

Sonia
VoiceItChristine

Hello Sonia,

Thank you so much for the information and encouragement. I wondered if there were any other people from Lux here, it's exciting to see there is at least one other one!

As soon as I have approval I will dive in. I look forward to "seeing" you on here.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

VoiceItChristine wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:22 amI wondered if there were any other people from Lux here, it's exciting to see there is at least one other one!
there are at least two, my sister is also on here :mrgreen: but other than that, no I don't know of any that are really active
As soon as I have approval I will dive in. I look forward to "seeing" you on here.
actually the project, La Lecture now is fully claimed in the meantime, but we started a new one about Corsica:
viewtopic.php?t=96615

But yes, I'll see you in drama for sure ;) looking forward to that

have you seen some corrections to be made for your test though: viewtopic.php?p=2151157#p2151157 better get the settings right before recording anything official.

Sonia
VoiceItChristine

Hello Sonia,

Thank you. I just saw the corrections. So thorough. It's great.

Christine