OPEN [DR] A Passage to India by E. M. Forster - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's Karim:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/passagetoindia_karim_35.mp3 33 seconds

I think five characters is enough from me for this project. I wish you the best for the rest of it!
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
benderca

Post by benderca »

Salvationist wrote: February 5th, 2023, 12:03 pm Here's Karim:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/passagetoindia_karim_35.mp3 33 seconds

I think five characters is enough from me for this project. I wish you the best for the rest of it!
Thanks, David! Your contribution is greatly appreciated!
benderca

Post by benderca »

cavaet wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm
On it. I'll try to get all of these done tonight.

Right 31 and 37 are now corrected, and uploaded. 35 has been done, but since you want to add shrieks, and its late here, I'll wait until morning to do that.

C
Fielding Chapters 31 & 37 are now PL OK! Thanks, Cavaet! :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 10:44 pm
Yes, that line belongs to Ronny—as it's Ronny who refused bail.

Thanks for the compliment. I saw him as desperately trying to plaster over the cracks in the edifice of Empire as they were happening and ending up not understanding what went wrong.
Nice interpretation! Thanks again for your contribution to the project!
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

benderca wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:58 pm
cavaet wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm
On it. I'll try to get all of these done tonight.

Right 31 and 37 are now corrected, and uploaded. 35 has been done, but since you want to add shrieks, and its late here, I'll wait until morning to do that.

C
Fielding Chapters 31 & 37 are now PL OK! Thanks, Cavaet! :D
Oh Rats! Forgot about your shrieks. On it.
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

DR The Story of The Treasure Seekers
One small part left! Please help fill this project!
benderca

Post by benderca »

llamaart wrote: February 8th, 2023, 11:36 am Here is Ronny chapter 22.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/passagetoindia_ronny_22.mp3
Thanks, Allie!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Since I'm an old man with a beard, how about I take on Nawab Bahadur. Wish I could do a decent Indian accent, but I'll see what I can come up with. It'll probably be just me. I've got several other major commitments in the works, but should be able to get to this in time not to hold up the project.
~ Larry
benderca

Post by benderca »

silverquill wrote: February 11th, 2023, 1:30 am Since I'm an old man with a beard, how about I take on Nawab Bahadur. Wish I could do a decent Indian accent, but I'll see what I can come up with. It'll probably be just me. I've got several other major commitments in the works, but should be able to get to this in time not to hold up the project.
Excellent, Larry! Your voice enhances every project :D . Welcome on board!

(Note: I updated Chapter 8 today to add a few lines for Adela and one for the Nawab Bahadur. Please make sure you use the updated file. Thanks!)
benderca

Post by benderca »

I've made some updates to the scripts.

Chapter 20, p. 10, only affects Ronny:
I falsely assigned to Mr. Turton, but it should be Ronny:
RONNY: “You thought badly of her earlier, did you not, Major? That’s why I refused bail.”
(I've PMed Allie).

Chapters 3 & 24 only affect Mrs. McBryde, who has not yet been assigned.
Last edited by benderca on February 14th, 2023, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

cavaet wrote: No worries. We are only human. And to that end. i think you'll find in chapter 26, page 11, that you've marked a line for Fielding, that should be Adela.

It reads, "Mr. Fielding, has Ronny told you of this new misfortune"
I don't think I officially thanked you, Cavaet, but this line has been corrected and Jasmin recorded it. Thanks so much!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thank you so much, DC!

I love how you have distinct voices and styles for all the different parts! Nicely done.

Rajah and the Saint's mother are PL OK.

Mrs. Bhattacharya, Mrs. Das, and Hamidullah Begum are PL OK!

For Ahmed, could you please add at the beginning of your file this tiny little phrase from Chapter 35, page 2:

JEMILA, AHMED, KARIM: yes father,

Your laughing and giggling is so cute!

For VOICE OF INDIA, could you please record 2 additional lines (it seems India is more chatty than I thought :lol: ):

Chapter 8, page 9:
VOICE OF INDIA: “Come, come.”

Chapter 14, page 5:
VOICE OF INDIA: “Come”

Unfortunately, to answer your earlier question, at this point in the editing process I need each chapter separately as I put all the files for one chapter in a subfolder to make editing more organized. Later in the editing process when I have most of the parts put together, I don't mind if you combine chapters. (Also if I ever ask anyone for help editing, which I may :D , it would make it possible for someone else to see through the chaos instead of having to go back through all our discussion threads). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for all your wonderful voices!

dckabir

Post by dckabir »

benderca wrote: February 13th, 2023, 1:22 pm Thank you so much, DC!

I love how you have distinct voices and styles for all the different parts! Nicely done.

Rajah and the Saint's mother are PL OK.

Mrs. Bhattacharya, Mrs. Das, and Hamidullah Begum are PL OK!

For Ahmed, could you please add at the beginning of your file this tiny little phrase from Chapter 35, page 2:

JEMILA, AHMED, KARIM: yes father,

Your laughing and giggling is so cute!

For VOICE OF INDIA, could you please record 2 additional lines (it seems India is more chatty than I thought :lol: ):

Chapter 8, page 9:
VOICE OF INDIA: “Come, come.”

Chapter 14, page 5:
VOICE OF INDIA: “Come”

Unfortunately, to answer your earlier question, at this point in the editing process I need each chapter separately as I put all the files for one chapter in a subfolder to make editing more organized. Later in the editing process when I have most of the parts put together, I don't mind if you combine chapters. (Also if I ever ask anyone for help editing, which I may :D , it would make it possible for someone else to see through the chaos instead of having to go back through all our discussion threads). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for all your wonderful voices!
Thank you for your kind words TJ! I'll get on with the additional lines.
Thanks for clarifying my earlier question. In the voice collection list you had assigned to me, some of the lines don't correspond with the chapter numbers given, like the chants etc, but no worries I can find them and mark the files with the correct chapter numbers and upload.
dc
benderca

Post by benderca »

dckabir wrote: February 15th, 2023, 1:35 am Thank you for your kind words TJ! I'll get on with the additional lines.
Thanks for clarifying my earlier question. In the voice collection list you had assigned to me, some of the lines don't correspond with the chapter numbers given, like the chants etc, but no worries I can find them and mark the files with the correct chapter numbers and upload.
Ooops, sorry about that. Thank you so much, DC!