FULL [DR] The Golden Road (The Story Girl #2) by L.M. Montgomery -mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
benderca

Post by benderca »

Aunt Janet is PL OK! Thank you so much, Lin! :clap: :clap: :clap:
benderca wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:45 pm
Pommom wrote: January 4th, 2023, 2:45 pm I was very happy to participate... but this ended up being a bigger stretch for me than I ever thought, as I am not much younger than aunt Janet. I tried my hardest to make my voice sound more mature... I naturally speak even higher. I'm afraid the overall effect made it sound more forced than I was going for. Thank you for letting me try!
I love your Aunt Janet portrayal, Lin! I only wish she had more lines. :) And your natural voice is lovely too - you could play one of the girls in a future production. Rest assured you can take the mature or the youthful role in our future productions - you‘d be great in either!

Thanks so much,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Jasper Dale Chapter 25:

Wonderful acting, David! From from the awkward man, to the lovelorn poet, to the angry wronged man, to the confident man in love... what a transition! Nice!

I have one tiny request:

2:22 p. 6
"vague" -- Could you please pronounce "vague" with a long "a"?
(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/vague)
only a vague discomfort--a curious sense of loss and gain commingled.

Jasper Dale Chapter 33 is PL OK!

Thanks,
TJ
Salvationist wrote: Here's Jasper Dale for Chapter 33:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/goldenroad_jasper_33.mp3 12 seconds

That's it for The Awkward Man! I enjoyed listening to The Story Girl and I look forward to listening to this sequel.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Cecily Chapter 9

Wonderfully read, Allie!
I just have some small pronunciation notes:

1:20 p. 6
Her name is Miss Reade (reed) - I hear an extra "N" -- "re-Nade"
(It's important for the awkward man's story that it's clear who is being referred to here :D )

1:28 p. 6
It should be "wealth" (I hear "wreath")
Her magnificent wealth of raven hair flows back in glistening waves from her sun-kissed brow.

1:50 "Mon-ta-gue (I hear "montage") and "Geraldine's" (I hear "Geral's")
But Miss Montague says the Lady Geraldine's brow was sun-kissed and of course an earl's daughter wouldn't be sunburned.

2:10 "mirroring" (mirror-ing) -- I hear "mooring"
Her eyes are gloriously dark and deep, like midnight lakes mirroring the stars of heaven.

Wonderfully expressive reading!
Thank you!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Cecily Chapter 10

0:09 EXTRA WORD "as" - please remove "as" because it changes the meaning. (This is foreshadowing, so it is important).
I hear "that it isn't so dreadful to die AS young as I used to suppose.")
It should be: "that it isn't so dreadful to die young as I used to suppose."

1:37
"to which he had dragged" (I hear "to which he had been dragged")
"failing" (I hear "frail")
It should be: "to which he had dragged his failing body,"

Thanks,
TJ
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

benderca wrote: January 25th, 2023, 1:59 pm Jasper Dale Chapter 25:

Wonderful acting, David! From from the awkward man, to the lovelorn poet, to the angry wronged man, to the confident man in love... what a transition! Nice!

I have one tiny request:

Thanks,
TJ
Thank you for these encouraging words, TJ! Unfortunately, I don't understand what you mean about pronouncing "vague" differently. I have listened to the audio files on the page you link to and my impression is that I am pronouncing this word the same way that they are. I live in Atlantic Canada, which is where The Golden Road is set, and this is generally how I hear the word "vague" pronounced here. If you really want me to re-record this word, I would be grateful for any further clarification you might provide, as I don't know what you're asking for.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Salvationist wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:00 pm
benderca wrote: January 25th, 2023, 1:59 pm Jasper Dale Chapter 25:

I have one tiny request:

Thanks,
TJ
Thank you for these encouraging words, TJ! Unfortunately, I don't understand what you mean about pronouncing "vague" differently. I have listened to the audio files on the page you link to and my impression is that I am pronouncing this word the same way that they are. I live in Atlantic Canada, which is where The Golden Road is set, and this is generally how I hear the word "vague" pronounced here. If you really want me to re-record this word, I would be grateful for any further clarification you might provide, as I don't know what you're asking for.
This is beyond the scope of standard PL and should not be required.
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

In God I trust.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Salvationist wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:00 pm
No problem - now I’ve learned something too! :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Dan & Felix Chapter 14 are PL OK!

Thanks, Diego & Elijah!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

benderca wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:40 pm Kristin, would you also be interested in assisting in the parts PLing?
MrsHand wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:18 am
benderca wrote: January 9th, 2023, 6:13 pm
Oh, excellent! Yes, that would be wonderful, Kristin! Would you mind also prooflistening my parts as well?

Thanks,
TJ
Can do!
So I just saw this request and I am more than happy to help where ever needed!
benderca

Post by benderca »

MrsHand wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:12 pm
benderca wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:40 pm Kristin, would you also be interested in assisting in the parts PLing?
MrsHand wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:18 am

Can do!
So I just saw this request and I am more than happy to help where ever needed!
Great! Why don't you start with Mr. Perkins, Felicity, Felix, and Bev?

Thanks so much!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:32 pm This is beyond the scope of standard PL and should not be required.
Totally agree. I actually thought he had said the wrong word, but I stand corrected. For me, it's just important that the meaning hasn't changed and that it's understandable to a listening audience. But now I'm worried about what the Atlantic Canada audience thinks about my botching up their local poet's beautiful literary style with my Midwestern dialect! :lol: :lol: :lol: (I've often thought about local sensitivity to my many attempts to do dialects and accents here on Librivox - I've attempted Irish, Scottish, British, French, German, Western African, Indian, not to mention a wide variety of animal voices! :lol: Hope nobody's too offended... I have to admit, I didn't even try to do an Atlantic Canadian accent -- the project is too long to stay in character. :D ).
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Allie!

Nicely edited! Cecily Chapters 9 & 10 are PL OK!
benderca

Post by benderca »

llamaart wrote: January 18th, 2023, 12:00 pm Here is Cecily chapter 12. I don't know how I missed those notes last time :lol: .

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/goldenroad_cecilyking_12.mp3
Great! Cecily Chapter 12 is PL OK!
Thanks, Allie!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Dan, Felicity, & Felix Chapter 10 are all PL OK!

Thanks, Diego, Jenn, & Elijah!