[COMPLETE] The Nature of a Crime, by Joseph Conrad & Ford Madox Ford - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

And chapter 8 is PL OK! Thank you for another excellent reading! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Once you have a chance to put in the chapter titles, this project will be ready for cataloging. Let me know if you get stuck.

I'm looking forward to the next project!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Yes, I see that Amy now wants me doing the titles, etc She said she'd be sending me along the how-to, so until then this will have to wait on that.
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Here is the how-to instructions for the workflow system. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ You will want to go to item 4, which has a link for "Entering titles into the Section Compiler." It is super easy.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Questions!
What constitutes a "title"? In the case of this novel, there are eight numbered sections; the author doesn't even call them "chapters'. Do I call them "One" and "Two"? Or "I" and "II"? Or "Section" whatever?
Getting ahead of myself, what do you do where there is Part X, then divided further into Chapters A, B etc?
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Another, even more basic question. Section 4 doesn't tell me, how do I get into the "Section Comiler" in the first place?
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

I'm missing something. I try to log in, but it says I don't have permission.
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

As for section titles, it's up to your judgment as the soloist, but my two cents is that using Arabic numerals instead of using Roman numerals or spelling numbers out is helpful because it will keep the chapters in order for listeners after they've downloaded the files. For novels, I tend to include "Chapter #" in the section titles even if the word "chapter" isn't in the chapter headings of the text. For example, you might decide to label the sections of this project "Chapter 1, Chapter 2," etc. But it's up to you!

For books with parts divided into chapters, you could take the approach I used for the last two Fifth Queen novels (here's the last one for reference).

Ann will be able to help you with the other questions.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Thanks
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

7A2c3Ml wrote: February 4th, 2023, 11:57 am I'm missing something. I try to log in, but it says I don't have permission.
Have you logged into the MW for the first time? If not, then you will have to do that. The instructions for access the MW is in those instructions. Just make sure you are logged out of the uploader, because the uploader password is different than the main part of the workflow (which powers the MW).
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

It still isn't working.
1) At some times my username is simply "Librivox". At others, it is 7A2c3Ml (Is that MI? or M1? or Ml?)
2)So which is my username?
3)Then, when I click that I "forgot" my password (which I have done, since I thought the 7A2 thing WAS my password), I get no email
My name is Mark
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

When you say "logged out of the Uploader", I don't see any "log out" button, so I tried to erase my username and password on the uploader.
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Your username is your forum name, which is 7A2c3Ml, and the last letter in that string is a lower case L.

Interesting, there used to be a log out button. I will have to look into that because that is the biggest problem people have when accessing the workflow for the first time. The password for the uploader is different for the MW.

What email provider do you have? I know that the workflow has a problem with Hotmail. Also, check your spam filter to make sure that the email did not end up there.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, I guess the sections are now filled in! Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-nature-of-a-crime-by-joseph-conrad/

Great job, Mark and Sarah! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!