COMPLETE[PLAY]Curculio by Plautus - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RitaBoutros wrote: January 26th, 2023, 11:53 am Now I know where "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" came from! Thanks Plautus!
That's why I am doing all these old plays - their plots got copied by all sorts of folks over the years - Shakespeare, Moliere, The Three Stooges, more modern non-PD folks....

Thanks, Todd
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:thumbs: wow I enjoyed this guy. Sometimes I had a distinct feeling of John Cleese here, especially when he was so incredulously retorting :lol: an excellent portrayal

All perfectly PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and also both acts PL ok here, Alan, thanks. Ugh, one can really hear out of your groaning and moaning how much pain the body is in. I felt it palpably while listening. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: well done, Greg. I loved it when he whines that he is starving and right after he tells of the sumptuous dinner he was having with the captain. He should have got his story straight to be more believable. Very funny character. I can mark Acts 3, 4 and 5 already PL ok.

PL notes for Act 2:

> for the voice credit, you forgot to say "read by Greg Giordano"
> at 10:16: (p. 547) repeat, one version can get cut: "he'll do the honours"

@Todd: I think the "actor" you mentioned in the MW only had this final line...I guess it should be one of the cast who does this one line, why bring in a totally new voice for only one line :hmm: maybe could be spoken by Curculio, since he is the title character of the play. It might be proper if he had the final word. What do you think ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 4th, 2023, 4:01 am
@Todd: I think the "actor" you mentioned in the MW only had this final line...I guess it should be one of the cast who does this one line, why bring in a totally new voice for only one line :hmm: maybe could be spoken by Curculio, since he is the title character of the play. It might be proper if he had the final word. What do you think ?

Sonia
Yes, that is the only Actor line, and what you suggest make great sense. Greg: could you add that to your act 5 file please?

Thanks, Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Act 2 with noted corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/curculioortheforgery_curculio_2.mp3

Thank you for the kind words. This parasite was quite different than some of the others I've read. He is a bit more devious and goes about his begging in a different way (stealing the signet ring and all that). It was lots of fun to read!

If you decide that you want me to read the final line just let me know and it shall be done!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

GregGiordano wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:04 am If you decide that you want me to read the final line just let me know and it shall be done!

Greg
Yes, please do.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:04 amhere is Act 2 with noted corrections:
and PL ok now :) thanks
If you decide that you want me to read the final line just let me know and it shall be done!
yes I suggested it to Todd and he agreed with me (how could it be otherwise :mrgreen: ) please insert the line at the end of act 5. You'll get the final word (that doesn't mean you'll get a sumptuous supper)

thank you

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

ToddHW wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:21 am
GregGiordano wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:04 am If you decide that you want me to read the final line just let me know and it shall be done!

Greg
Yes, please do.

Thanks, Todd
I'll be back at the house in about an hour and will record the line.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:41 am
GregGiordano wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:04 amhere is Act 2 with noted corrections:
and PL ok now :) thanks
yes I suggested it to Todd and he agreed with me (how could it be otherwise :mrgreen: ) please insert the line at the end of act 5. You'll get the final word (that doesn't mean you'll get a sumptuous supper)

thank you

Sonia
I don't know, if I don't get a meal...

:D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: February 4th, 2023, 8:50 amI don't know, if I don't get a meal...
there will be no negotiation about this... :lol:

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Well, despite reading for my supper, (and not receiving due compensation in the form of a meal) I have added "An Actor's" closing line at the end of Act 5! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/curculioortheforgery_curculio_5.mp3

Take care,

Greg