hello & intro

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CoryBrunson

Post by CoryBrunson »

Hi everyone. I only recently discovered LibriVox through the Internet Archive while searching for audio versions of some plays mentioned in Emma Goldman's essay on drama. I always enjoyed reading plays aloud in class and didn't get much from reading them in text form, so i went a couple of decades without much exposure to them, except the occasional performance. So i've loved listening to LV dramatic readings these past couple of weeks.

I'm eventually interested in recording essays, books, and possibly plays, especially in a couple of areas of interest to me: First, i'm a mathematician, and i'm interested in the history of the discipline and of science / natural philosophy more broadly. I'd be excited to record some (English-language) texts, especially by ancient mathematicians who did not have dense notation. Second, i've been reading about abolition lately, and i've learned about several texts by British colonial / American authors that don't seem to be available in audio format.

In the meantime, i'd like to start by contributing to existing projects, as a proof-listener and as a reader, to get my bearings on the site and in the community. But already i'm grateful for the work y'all do and for the open invitation to join you.