[COMPLETE] Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1827 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_24_commisionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3 3.20 MB
Hi, Well this passed Checker, but please let me know.
Thanks
Dan
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Dannyboy wrote: January 30th, 2023, 7:43 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_24_commisionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3 3.20 MB
Thanks
Dan
Hi, Dan,
I’ll try to get this into the MW for prooflistening later. (Or Danigirl, you can do it this time if you want for both his submissions). I have a sick husband, don’t feel great, and have company from overseas coming in.

One thing, though—can you give us the run time in MM:SS? That helps us make sure we have the whole file AND I have to put that info into the MW for when the project is catalogued.

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
Danigirl

Post by Danigirl »

stepheather wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:50 pm
Dannyboy wrote: January 30th, 2023, 7:43 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_24_commisionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3 3.20 MB
Thanks
Dan
I’ll try to get this into the MW for prooflistening later. (Or Danigirl, you can do it this time if you want for both his submissions). I have a sick husband, don’t feel great, and have company from overseas coming in.
I'll take care of them. Setting aside some time for PL'ing tomorrow. Get some rest and feel better soon!
Danielle
Danigirl

Post by Danigirl »

Hi Dan!

Thanks for your sections. They sound great! There are a couple of things in each section that you'll need to fix. All the introductions need changes.

Section 23 -
- Part of the introduction is missing. after you say your name we need - "Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1827, by the Commissioner of Indian Affairs." Then go into the section title/heading.
-At the end of the recording I only hear "end of chapter" need to add "23"
-Then add five seconds of silence at the end.

Section 24 -
-This one is also missing the section of the intro - "Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1827, by the Commissioner of Indian Affairs."

Section 25 -
-missing intro *see sections 23 & 24*
-At the end: I only hear "end of section" Need to add "25"
-Also needs 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Section 26 -
-On this one, I didn't hear the intro at all. It jumped straight into the section title.
-"End of Section ______" Please add the section #.
-Also needs 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Section 27 -
-The intro on this one is the same as section 26. We're missing the intro - just went straight into the section title.
-@7:14 "the presence of a few troops only" I hear "the pretense of"
-@11:00 pg53 1st paragraph "Indians within our limits, are better qualified" I hear "Indians without our limits"

I hope all this makes sense. Reach out with any questions.
Thanks!
Danielle
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Thanks, Dan! I know the title isn’t all that inspiring, but I’m glad some people are willing to give it a try.

Looks like you have a few things to change, but sounds like you’ll be in good shape pretty quick.
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

tommiemccoyvoice

Post by tommiemccoyvoice »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_06_commissionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3
runtime: 3:00min
I hope im posting in this thread correctly, im still learning how to navigate this forum :lol:
also let me know if I pronounced the "&.c" correctly. and if this gets approved I would like to request section seven to record as well.
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

May I claim 9-13…

BettyB
Danigirl

Post by Danigirl »

BettyB wrote: February 1st, 2023, 7:02 pm May I claim 9-13…

BettyB
They are all yours. Thanks
Danielle
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

tommiemccoyvoice wrote: February 1st, 2023, 5:04 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_06_commissionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3
I hope im posting in this thread correctly, im still learning how to navigate this forum :lol:
also let me know if I pronounced the "&.c" correctly. and if this gets approved I would like to request section seven to record as well.
Hi, there,
I went ahead and reserved section 7 for you as well. It's easy enough to open it up again if you decide you don't want to do it!
I see danigirl has section 6 in the MW ready for PL and she'll get a report to you soon.
Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Danigirl

Post by Danigirl »

tommiemccoyvoice wrote: February 1st, 2023, 5:04 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_06_commissionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3
Everything sounds great. PL OK
I look forward to hearing section 7
Danielle
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Thanks! These are in the MW for spot PL.

(I listened to just a bit of one--and I think I'm going to want to listen to all of them once they're approved! Great work!)

Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Danigirl

Post by Danigirl »

Hi Dan,

It's my pleasure. I am enjoying this project and your recordings are particularly lovely. The little details are tough in the beginning and you took on a big chunk of this project right off the bat. You're almost there.

Section 23 - Missing last line of the intro
Section 24 - Perfect! PL OK
Section 25 - Need to add a few more seconds in the end. We are a little shy of five.
Section 26 - Perfect! PL OK
Section 27 - Missing last line of the intro

Thanks!
Danielle
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Well, it's been a bit, but I'm back to clear the table. :wink:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_02_commissionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3 (8:48)

In the hopes that this would be the easiest way for the listener to follow, I read the introductory text above the table, which describes the columns in the same detail as the headings do. Then I skipped the headings and moved on to the items in the table.

For each row, I read:
<name column>: Requisitioned <column 1>, rendered <column 2>, leaving <column 3>.
Where column 3 was empty, I left it out as described. Where column 2 was empty, I left it out and added "unaccounted for" after column 3. I think that makes it all the more obvious which column was skipped, even if the listener's eyes are about to glaze over out of boredom. :lol:

Willing to change as needed.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.