[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 03 No. 4 January 1898 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: January 9th, 2023, 7:02 pmI can read the story fine on my laptop browser but I use the laptop to run Twisted Wave and it's cumbersome to run them together, switching from text to recording software.
oh so the site shows on your laptop ? I always have the two windows open on half my screen. Left side the text, right side Audacity. That way I can read simultaneously and watch my audio waves progress at the same time.

If all else fails you could print out the whole story and read from paper.

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

OK! Got it. Grateful for all the patient help :D.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0304jan1898_1_various_128kb.mp3. 39minutes 2 seconds.

What fun, thank you!
Linda
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty is out for a few days, so I put it in the MW. I'll try to PL this if she's not back soon.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 13th, 2023, 12:13 pmKitty is out for a few days, so I put it in the MW. I'll try to PL this if she's not back soon.
thank you Todd, but I am functioning slowly...will try to PL everything by and by :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I knew you would want to listen to this story.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 14th, 2023, 2:08 pmI knew you would want to listen to this story.
yes I try not to miss any of the Black Cats :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:25 pmOK! Got it. Grateful for all the patient help :D.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0304jan1898_1_various_128kb.mp3. 39minutes 2 seconds.
and this was a great story, complete with a highlight twist at the end, I didn't see that one coming. So cool. And beautifully narrated, thank you so much. I also liked the little ditty interlude at one point :thumbs: Very entertaining from first to last.

A few small edits I would suggest, mainly there are some pauses that are overly long for a listener, but textually it was word-perfect, well done:

> at the beginning: we recommend between 0.5 and 1 second maximum of silence, you have 5 seconds, please crop it significantly ;) the 5 second rule is for the end of the project

> from 0:43 to 0:47: between "Bert Leston Taylor" and "the whaling bark" - also here, nearly 4 seconds of silence is too much, I always recommend staying under 2 seconds, even for paragraph changes

> at 0:49: (p. 1) "of Fairhaven, Mass." - this might be optional, but I would say "Massachussetts" here, to make the abbreviation clearer

> from 15:48 to 15:50: (p. 7) between "returned below" and "the wind" - pause too long

> from 16:17 to 16:19: (p. 7) between "a thousand miles away" and "in the plain tale" - pause too long

thanks, and I'm happy you were able to read the story from the archive copy. Brownie points for persistance. :thumbs:

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Thanks Sonia - so glad you enjoyed the story!

I will make the changes you suggested and send it to you tomorrow.

Hugs
Linda
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0304jan1898_1_various_128kb.mp3. 38 minutes 54 seconds

Looking forward to reading more for Black Cat!

Hugs,
Linda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: January 15th, 2023, 12:50 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0304jan1898_1_various_128kb.mp3. 38 minutes 54 seconds
Looking forward to reading more for Black Cat!
thank you, excellent edits and now PL ok :)

I always announce in this thread when I launch the next one, so stay bookmarked if you want to be in the loop ;) Usually I launch the next issue when we have all but one section handed in. So it's up to Stephanie or Julie...whoever posts their section first, that will be the launching day for the next one. :mrgreen:

Sonia
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Ha! I’m waiting to record still. My husband had planned to be out of the house each of the last three days…and hasn’t been. Hopefully tomorrow!
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepheather wrote: January 16th, 2023, 7:59 amHa! I’m waiting to record still. My husband had planned to be out of the house each of the last three days…and hasn’t been. Hopefully tomorrow!
:lol: it's hard when we wish that our significant others are gone for a while :mrgreen: I wonder how many spouses are jealous of LV :hmm:

Sonia
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Hey, Kitty,
I’ve got my section recorded and am editing. I’ve got guests with serious jet lag, and I’m sick, so I’m hoping I can finish up the editing from bed.
Then there are a few sections where apparently they were street racing dump trucks on the parallel road. I’m hoping it won’t be too many more than the ones I’ve already found, but I’ll have to quickly record those.
I think I can get it in within the week.
Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepheather wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:42 amI’ve got my section recorded and am editing. I’ve got guests with serious jet lag, and I’m sick, so I’m hoping I can finish up the editing from bed.
oh sorry to hear you are sick. :( Wishing you a quick recovery. And editing from bed really sounds like dedication :thumbs: but don't wear yourself out too much. If you need an extension on the deadline, just let me know beforehand.

All the best

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

And coming in just under the wire... Section 4! It's a sweet one. I hope you like it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0304jan1898_4_various_128kb.mp3 9:31