COMPLETE: The Thrill Book Vol. I No. 2 -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mcmike64

Post by mcmike64 »

You are welcome. Good luck with the remainder of the project!
grolon

Post by grolon »

flavo5000 wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:04 pm
grolon wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:36 pm I'd like to claim section 3, A Hooting, Tooting Son-of-a-Gun Chapter I. Hard Luck, if available.
Thank you.
You got it, pardner!
Hello. I read section 3 today and began editing it. As I went along, I realized that I'm not comfortable with the words that seem misspelled to me. Wondering if you'd mind I correct these words in my read:

-bowlder

-"Tis" as in this sentence: "Then the three of tis held a consultation"

-"vfas" as in the following sentence: "It vfas, all right". I can't say I can think of what this word is supposed to be. Open to suggestions.

-"comer t" as in the following sentence: "over in the comer t and got acquainted".

-"Ndme’s" as in the following sentence: "Ndme’s Buddy Ruple". - it's clear this word should be "Name's"

-"tqakin’s" as in the sentence: “If you boys will fix up that note and give me
the tqakin’s". - I can't say I can think of what this word is supposed to be. Open to suggestions.

-"gdt" - it's clear this word should be "get"

If it's okay with you, and maybe with some guidance about the words above I'm having trouble with, I'd like to apply these few minor corrections to this read.
Let me know what you think. And thank you.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

grolon wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:09 pm
grolon wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:36 pm I'd like to claim section 3, A Hooting, Tooting Son-of-a-Gun Chapter I. Hard Luck, if available.
Thank you.
You got it, pardner!
Hello. I read section 3 today and began editing it. As I went along, I realized that I'm not comfortable with the words that seem misspelled to me. Wondering if you'd mind I correct these words in my read:

-bowlder

-"vfas" as in the following sentence: "It vfas, all right". I can't say I can think of what this word is supposed to be. Open to suggestions.

-"comer t" as in the following sentence: "over in the comer t and got acquainted".

-"Ndme’s" as in the following sentence: "Ndme’s Buddy Ruple". - it's clear this word should be "Name's"

the tqakin’s". - I can't say I can think of what this word is supposed to be. Open to suggestions.

If it's okay with you, and maybe with some guidance about the words above I'm having trouble with, I'd like to apply these few minor corrections to this read.
Are you reading from the actual default scan that opens when you click the link in the first post or are you selecting to view the file as text in the "Full Text" option below it? If you're doing the Full Text, it switches to a machine-based OCR translation that often doesn't transpose the text the way it's supposed to. I would strongly recommend reading from the actual scan and not the OCR Text. I don't see any of the mistakes you mention about in the actual source.
grolon

Post by grolon »

flavo5000 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:18 pm
grolon wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:09 pm

You got it, pardner!

-bowlder

Are you reading from the actual default scan that opens when you click the link in the first post or are you selecting to view the file as text in the "Full Text" option below it? If you're doing the Full Text, it switches to a machine-based OCR translation that often doesn't transpose the text the way it's supposed to. I would strongly recommend reading from the actual scan and not the OCR Text. I don't see any of the mistakes you mention about in the actual source.
Thanks for the guidance. Very helpful. I'll work from the default scan you mentioned, assuming my brain interprets what that is correctly. Shouldn't be too big of an issue.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi grolon. Scans can be hard to read. It sometimes helps to increase the magnification.

Bowlder is an archaic spelling of boulder

"Then the three of us held a consultation"

"It was, all right."

"over in the corner"

"Name's Buddy Ruple"

"If you boys will fix up that note and give me the makin’s"
Jo
grolon

Post by grolon »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:30 pm Hi grolon. Scans can be hard to read. It sometimes helps to increase the magnification.

"It was, all right."

"over in the corner"

"Name's Buddy Ruple"

Appreciate that. I reckon this TX kid will figure it out.
grolon

Post by grolon »

grolon wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:49 pm
knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:30 pm Hi grolon. Scans can be hard to read. It sometimes helps to increase the magnification.

"It was, all right."

"over in the corner"

"Name's Buddy Ruple"

Ready for PL review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/thrillbookvol1no2_03_various_128kb.mp3
08:37
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

grolon wrote: February 5th, 2023, 1:46 pm

"It was, all right."

"over in the corner"

"Name's Buddy Ruple"

Ready for PL review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/thrillbookvol1no2_03_various_128kb.mp3
Thanks! You're queued for PL. We don't currently have a DPL, but hopefully someone will come along soon to check it out.
grolon

Post by grolon »

If available, I'd like to claim section 5.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

grolon wrote: February 5th, 2023, 3:42 pm If available, I'd like to claim section 5.
Sure thing! Thanks!
SarahMathew

Post by SarahMathew »

Hi!

I'm interested in reading a section for this compilation. Could I claim the 7th section, A Hooting, Tooting Son-of-a-Gun Chapter V. An Alarm, if available?
Thanks.

~Sarah
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Lavishley4413 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:45 pm I would like chapter 9 of the ibis lurking unseen please
So it looks like I haven't heard from the person who previously expressed interest in doing The Jeweled Ibis, so if you'd still like Chapter 9: The Lurking Unseen, it's yours. Just let me know if you're still interested.
grolon

Post by grolon »

flavo5000 wrote: February 5th, 2023, 2:49 pm
grolon wrote: February 5th, 2023, 1:46 pm

Ready for PL review.

Thanks! You're queued for PL. We don't currently have a DPL, but hopefully someone will come along soon to check it out.
Thanks for letting me know. That's helpful info.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL, if you'd like.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

MrsHand wrote: February 11th, 2023, 6:56 pm I can DPL, if you'd like.
Awesome! Thank you!