[COMPL] The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
musil

Post by musil »

I claim sections 07 and 08 of The Custom of the Country, a book I was already in the process of reading.

Eugene Smith
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Eugene, welcome to LibriVox! Section 7 and 8 has been assigned to you. Unless you have previous recording experience, you might like to submit a 3 or 4 minute sample of the beginning of your section to make sure the technical issues are all ironed out. :)

Just post it to this thread, and I'll have a listen.
musici123

Post by musici123 »

Hello all:

Being born and raised in NYC, I would like to record Chapter 9, if it hasn't been assigned already. Only 1 chapter for now because I am new.

My profile is very sparse because I do not have a Webpage, but I do have a blog which is unused!

I am transcriber, earn my living that way. You could say, some people like to watch. I like to listen! But I would like a chance to speak too!

Deidre
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Deidre, welcome to LibriVox. Section 9 has been assigned to you. Unless you have previous recording experience, you might like to submit a 3 or 4 minute sample of the beginning of your section to make sure the technical issues are all ironed out. :)

Just post it to this thread, and I'll have a listen. When you reply, please tell me the name you wish to use for catalog credit.

Glad to have you here - hope you enjoy it!
kdgibboney

Post by kdgibboney »

kristiface

Post by kristiface »

Can I jump in and take section 10?
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you, Katy. I'll be listening soon!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

kristiface wrote:Can I jump in and take section 10?
kristi, welcome to "Custom of the Country". Sec 10 is yours!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Andrea (Mossman) posted elsewhere:
Thanks Andrea, I'll be listening soon!
musici123

Post by musici123 »

Here is the audition

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/customofthecountry_09_wharton.mp3.mp3

But I expect that you will refuse it. In which case, please remove all email as well as profile. I do not need to be humiliated.
kdgibboney

Post by kdgibboney »

musici123 wrote:Here is the audition

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/customofthecountry_09_wharton.mp3.mp3

But I expect that you will refuse it. In which case, please remove all email as well as profile. I do not need to be humiliated.
Hi musici123! I just wanted to jump in here and assure you that there's no auditioning at LibriVox. You DO have the opportunity to submit a short recording to make sure you've got the technical end right, but will only receive kind and friendly help. We are--most of us, anyway--amateurs, self-taught, and doing this on a shoestring and for the love of books. There are lots of details to tend to in the process of recording a chapter, editing, and finally uploading it for the world to hear. You did it, and did good! I listened to a few seconds of your recording and thought you sounded just fine.

Please stick with us. You will have so much fun.
:)
Sincerely,
Katie
musil

Post by musil »

I submitted a short technical sample last week? Did you see/hear it?

Eugene
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

musici123 wrote:Here is the audition

Oh, diedre - I'm sorry that my routine request for a sample gave you a mistaken impression.

Your sample was really quite wonderful, no background noise, clearly and intelligently read, and with a tone speaking Undine's thoughts that really captures the satirical nature! I am so glad to have you as a volunteer for this project, and hope that this will be the first of many fine submissions.

Sometimes first time readers submit long sections marred by easily fixable technical issues - so we ask new people for samples. It's primarily a technical matter. We accept all kinds of reading styles - but I can't resist saying I think you might have been born to read Undine.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

musil wrote:I claim sections 07 and 08 of The Custom of the Country, a book I was already in the process of reading.

Eugene Smith
Hi musil - This is really in response to your more recent post telling me about your sample. I reviewed the thread, but find no post between that one and the one quoted above.

To find your sample quickly, I'll need the link. If you no longer have the link, please reupload your file. After the progress bar fills, a URL will appear about half a screen up from the progress bar. Please copy the URL and post here, pasting it into your post. Meanwhile, I'll check on the server, but without a file name I might not be successful. :)
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Andrea, Sec 2 is beautifully done, and OK to catalog!