Complete [SOLO] The Golden Bough. part 5. Spirits of the corn and of the wild. volume 1-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
niobium

Post by niobium »

The Golden Bough. Part V. The Spirits Of The Corn And Of The Wild. Volume 1., by James Frazer (1854 - 1941)
The seventh volume in The Golden Bough series by Sir James George Frazer. The figure of the dying and reviving god in Oriental religions of Classical antiquity is returned to, and compared with the systems of belief in Europe. Religious rituals of agriculture, seasonal changes, singing prayers, incarnations of harvest crops as animals and sacrifices are compared between different cultures.
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-golden-bough-a-study-in-magic-and-religion-part-5-the-spirits-of-the-corn-and-of-the-wild-volume-1-by-james-frazer/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/TheGoldenBoughAStudyInMagicAndReligionPartVSpiritsOfTheCornAndOfTheWildVol.I/page/n11/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2023-12-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Other religions; *Non-fiction/History/Antiquity; *Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology)

Keywords that describe the book:

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Golden Bough. Part V. The Spirits Of The Corn And Of The Wild. Volume 1.. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Golden Bough. Part V. The Spirits Of The Corn And Of The Wild. Volume 1., by James Frazer. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Golden Bough. Part V. The Spirits Of The Corn And Of The Wild. Volume 1., by James Frazer. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Golden Bough. Part V. The Spirits Of The Corn And Of The Wild. Volume 1., by James Frazer."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: goldenbough5_##_frazer_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. goldenbough5_01_frazer_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by niobium on June 9th, 2023, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Leonard,
I'll MC this for you. You are the narrator, not the translator so I removed the translator note from your script.
Cheers!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 0 (Preface)

One small glitch at 4:00.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I will claim Section 1 for PL, also, but it may take me some time--a day or two. Listening with such attention over an hour's length is getting a little harder for me these days.
niobium

Post by niobium »

i know what you mean. I used to have a regular long commute that allowed me to get through proof listening on a good schedule, now I can only fit in a few minutes at most a day
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 1 PL OK!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL if one is needed.
niobium

Post by niobium »

you are the first to offer a dedicated proof listen, so looks like you have the job
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

MrsHand is added as DPL.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 2 & 3 are PL OK!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 4 & 5 are PL OK.

Amy - the link from the PL view tab on my reader page does not seem to point to this topic because whenever I try to access it, I'm told I don't have access. I'm not sure if it matters, because I can use my bookmarks and the PL View tab shows the correct info about sections in need of PL, but it's just odd to me.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kristin,
I found the problem. Let me know if you don't see it now.
Thanks,
Amy
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 6 is PL OK.

Section 7 has a PL note that could be just my ears. At :41 I heard "countries" where the text reads "counties"