[COMPLETE] Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1827 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

tommiemccoyvoice wrote: January 24th, 2023, 5:57 pm Hello! can I claim section 6?
Sure, and welcome to LibriVox!

Since this is your first recording, I need to know which name you want to appear in the LibriVox catalog. This is what appears when people search for a reader on the LibriVox site. It can be your real name, your forum/username, or anything else! Most people use their real names. I use my forum name because I was concerned about privacy issues (potential employers) when I first signed up.

I'll reserve it for you, and once I have that catalog name, I can fully enter the claim into the Magic Window.

Make sure to read all the instructions in the first post--especially about the intro/outro and the filename--and ask if you have questions.

I'm so glad to have you on board!

Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
tommiemccoyvoice

Post by tommiemccoyvoice »

Thank you! I'm excited to start recording! You can put me in the catalog as "Tommie McCoy"
I'll make sure to stick to the instructions, and thank you again for the opportunity for my first recording.
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

tommiemccoyvoice wrote: January 25th, 2023, 12:37 pm Thank you! I'm excited to start recording! You can put me in the catalog as "Tommie McCoy"
I'll make sure to stick to the instructions, and thank you again for the opportunity for my first recording.
I look forward to hearing you!

Here's your brand new reader page, where you can keep track of what you've read and what you've signed up to read or prooflisten: https://librivox.org/reader/18257?primary_key=18257&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

danslxamour

Post by danslxamour »

Can I read Section 8?

Thank you
danslxamour

Post by danslxamour »

Will Do!

I would like to use my ABaker

Thank you
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

danslxamour wrote: January 26th, 2023, 10:40 am Can I read Section 8?

Thank you
Definitely! I see you've passed your one-minute technical settings test, and that you've also requested another section in another book, but I think another reader (barely) beat you to that claim.

Since this is your first recording, I need to know which name you want to appear in the LibriVox catalog. This is what appears when people search for a reader on the LibriVox site. It can be your real name, your forum/username, or anything else! Most people use their real names. I use my forum name because I was concerned about privacy issues (potential employers) when I first signed up.

I'll reserve it for you, and once I have that catalog name, I can fully enter the claim into the Magic Window.

Make sure to read all the instructions in the first post--especially about the intro/outro and the filename--and ask if you have questions.

I'm glad you're here.

Thank you,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

stepheather

Post by stepheather »

danslxamour wrote: January 26th, 2023, 10:51 am Will Do!

I would like to use my ABaker

Thank you
Okay. I used this, but I'm having trouble with assigning it for some reason (the program says you've been added, but then I can't find you). I'll check with one of the admin and get that resolved.

That said--go ahead and start recording whenever you're ready. Section 8 is yours.

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Thanks for the quick turnaround! It's in the MW for our dedicated proof listener to review.

Keep an eye on the thread until you get notification that it's PL okay (completely done) or that edits are needed.

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Danigirl

Post by Danigirl »

Sorry for the delay. Section 8 is good to go. :thumbs:

PL OK
Danielle
Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy »

Hi,
I would love to read the correspondence between the Choctaw and McKenny, which runs from 23-27, but I ask for your help. I’m just beginning the Librivox journey and Audacity. Please advise.
Thank you for this project
Dan
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Hi, Dan,

Welcome to the project! It would be great to have you read this entire correspondence.

I see you are early in the journey, but not brand new. Are there specific questions you have?

As far as the content goes, follow the script in the first post (using the section title in the Magic Window as the section title when you get to that part of the script). Then read from the text and finish with the outro script from the MW.

I have not researched how to read Choctaw, but there may be some resources online to help guide you in pronouncing the names. Otherwise, just read them as confidently and respectfully as you can.

There’s an interesting thread happening over in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum: viewtopic.php?t=96439 regarding Audacity plugins and tools.

Let me know what else you’re wondering about. I’ll reserve those sections for you when I’m at my computer in a few hours.

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Dannyboy wrote: January 29th, 2023, 3:37 pm Hi,
I would love to read the correspondence between the Choctaw and McKenny, which runs from 23-27, but I ask for your help. I’m just beginning the Librivox journey and Audacity. Please advise.
Thank you for this project
Dan
Hi, Dan,

I've given you 23-27, but note that 26-27 are more about the Creeks than the Choctaws. If you'd rather just read about the Choctaws (for now), I can remove those two and give you 23-25. You're always welcome to sign up for more as you get some sections completed!

Let me know.

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_23_commisionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3 8.08 MB
Hi, this is a practice run, but a couple of questions:
1, The letter refers to #3; should I include?
2, M'Kenny leaves a ______ when referring to two men in his room ? I added words but not sure.
3, He also refers to "paper marked A" in section 24 ? should I include this when reading
I am still struggling with audacity volume and voice quality but practice makes practice
Thanks for the welcome and any feedback
Dan
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Dannyboy wrote: January 30th, 2023, 12:51 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/annualreportdec1827_23_commisionerofindianaffairs_128kb.mp3 8.08 MB
Hi, this is a practice run, but a couple of questions:
1, The letter refers to #3; should I include?
2, M'Kenny leaves a ______ when referring to two men in his room ? I added words but not sure.
3, He also refers to "paper marked A" in section 24 ? should I include this when reading
I am still struggling with audacity volume and voice quality but practice makes practice
Thanks for the welcome and any feedback
Dan
Hi, Dan,

I'll have to listen to answer these more carefully. The section titles from the Magic Window should be read; those reference the fact that this is Report #3 and section 24 is Attachment A. You don't have to read "No. 2" again if you've said it in the section title. Does that answer the first question?

For 2, typically you'd say "blank" or something similar.

For 3, just say "paper marked A" as it reads in the text. The section titles should help listeners find it, since it says "Attachment A."

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes