COMPLETE [DR][Hardy Boys #2] The House on the Cliff-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

GilmoreDon wrote: January 27th, 2023, 4:14 pm Here is the link to Mr. Bill Kane lines in chapter 5. The file is 30 sec in length. I think the setting are correct. I'm sure you'll let me know if there is a problem.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_mrbillkane_05.mp3

Don
Thanks again Don, and there's no issue with your recording equipment! Thanks for sending in just one at first, as that allows for feedback before you finish. :wink:

This chapter is good and I'll use it for the final cut - PL OK! :thumbs:

Two things that you could do in future chapters, to save me a little time in editing:
- The volume is a bit louder than the normal range, at 92.4db. Many of my own "character" voices are louder than my reading voice, so I find I need to turn down the gain or back away from the mic a bit for those.
- If we have at least 3 seconds of silence between lines, I can just hit 2 buttons and the lines will be marked separately for editing. A really nifty feature, but the silences need to be consistent for it to work.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

May I please claim Chief Collig in chapter 13 and Federal Officer in chapter 24?

I assume you want just one voice credit, correct?

Thanks
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

JHedrick wrote: January 27th, 2023, 5:01 pm May I please claim Chief Collig in chapter 13 and Federal Officer in chapter 24?

I assume you want just one voice credit, correct?

Thanks
Thank you! I've assigned both the Chief and the Federal Officer. :D

I leave it to you, whether you'd like a combined voice credit line, or two separate lines in order of character appearance. Some DRs have a massive cast that make that a little unwieldy, but this book has relatively few voiced characters.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MajorToast wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:51 pm voice credit for Joe in ch 08 I will send li Cheng credit separate.
Thanks, chapters 8-13 are PL OK! :thumbs:
And both voice credits are received and noted. :)
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I would prefer order of appearance. Thank you for asking.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

JHedrick wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:29 am Two credits it is then 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_chiefcollig_13.mp3 [3:10]
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_federalofficer_24.mp3 [2:33]

Thanks for letting me participate.
Both roles PL OK! :thumbs:

Thanks for being a part of the project! And thanks for taking the extra time to make the Chief and the Fed as their own separately recognizable voices. :D
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Got it! With that correction in, all chapters for Joe are PL OK! :thumbs:
Thanks again for being part of the project, I'm enjoying watching the pieces come together!

For anyone watching for book 1, I can see that it's nearly finished at PGDP, but the timing of the release is of course up to the schedule of the volunteers working on it.
I'll be making it into a script after that release, so I'm guessing we'll be ready to kick off sometime next week, rather than this coming week.
ThankUJerry

Post by ThankUJerry »

I would like to claim Biff Hooper as a reoccurring role. I am still however waiting on approval of my one minute.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ThankUJerry wrote: January 30th, 2023, 8:53 pm I would like to claim Biff Hooper as a reoccurring role. I am still however waiting on approval of my one minute.
Alright! Welcome to LibriVox, and thanks for your interest! :D

I'll hold the role for you in this book while your test is pending, and will notify you when the next project goes up (estimated: sometime next week), so that you can claim the role there.

Two things in the meantime:
1. Have you seen the copyright notice in red at the top of the first post? We try never to ask folks to break their local copyright laws.
2. What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the name you'll use in your voice credit, and the name by which readers can find you online. Most folks use their real name or their forum name, but it can be anything within reason.

Thanks again for volunteering to be our Biff!