Complete (Mystery) The Quest for the Rose of Sharon, by Burton Egbert Stevenson-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Wayne! Over to Readers Found. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

PotaszNC wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 3:35 pm Link is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/roseofsharon_11_stevenson_128kb.mp3
Run time is 21m 31s
Hi,

I really enjoy your inflections as you read. It adds a lot to the story. I did find a few things that you probably should look at:

Could you cut the beginning silence to between .5 and 1 second?

:14.5 Could you please read the intro as it is shown in the OP (Original Post)? The first part is correct, but the second part should read: “Read by PotaszNC. The Quest for the Rose of Sharon, by Burton Egbert Stevenson. The Shadow in the Orchard”

:20 I had thought myself clever enough to match my wits against his, and I had lost! You missed the first 'had'. The last three words sounded like “I've lost

:25.5 It was a bitter reflection! I heard 'Is a bitter reflection”.

:34 ignominiously You really seemed to mispronounce this word. You might check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFjCpZSEFS0 and just add the 'ly' at the end.

1:04 his drawl, his slip-shod utterance were all assumed You added 'of' between slip-shod and utterance.

16:42 pursued mother remorselessly You said 'pursed'.

20:50 and started back through the orchard. You said toward

At the end of the Chapter (about 21:14), there is about a two second silence, then you have recorded the intro again. Please delete the 'second intro' and leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of the recording.

Looking forward to listening again.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

njgorgen wrote: January 5th, 2023, 9:20 am Chap 12 - 18m04s Nancy

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/roseofsharon_12_stevenson_128kb.mp3
Nancy,

What a wonderful narration. The amazing thing about it is that you did the last three Chapters completely flawlessly. Chapters 12, 13 and 14 are PLOK :thumbs: right out of the box. :clap:

Now just a few corrections in Chapter 11 and we will be ready for prime-time.

That certainly was an ending I wasn't expecting. I figured that they would get the house, but a quilt?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

PotaszNC,
Please see the PL notes for Chapter 11. The book can be released to the world once your chapter is approved by Wayne.
It would be most appreciated to have the chapter ready for spot PL.
Have a good day!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Section 11 has been reopened due to inactivity of the reader and outstanding edits that can't be done by another person.

Thank you for taking it, Wayne! I will PL it for you.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

alg1001 wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:40 am Section 11 has been reopened due to inactivity of the reader and outstanding edits that can't be done by another person.

Thank you for taking it, Wayne! I will PL it for you.
Amy, here is my attempt on Chapter 11. Hope it works:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/roseofsharon_11_stevenson_128kb.mp3

Time 23:46

Wayne
Wayne
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Wayne,
It is great; you are a fabulous narrator. I don't think I've heard you before. I'm going to add you to my list of favorites.
PLOK.
Thank you for doing it! I'll start cataloging.
-Amy :9:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-quest-for-the-rose-of-sharon-by-burton-egbert-stevenson/

Thank you for proof listening, Wayne!
Thank you and Congratulations, Everyone! :clap:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

alg1001 wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:05 am Hi Wayne,
It is great; you are a fabulous narrator. I don't think I've heard you before. I'm going to add you to my list of favorites.
PLOK.
Thank you for doing it! I'll start cataloging.
-Amy :9:
:9:
Wayne