COMPLETE [DR][Hardy Boys #2] The House on the Cliff-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MajorToast wrote: January 25th, 2023, 9:12 pm Can I read the one line for Cheng?
Absolutely, I'll get him assigned. Since he's only in one chapter, he'll be up near the top of the assigned sections.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
HDGordon

Post by HDGordon »

Hi, may I claim Mr. "Jones"/the stranger please? Cheers!
Harri (he/him)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

HDGordon wrote: January 25th, 2023, 11:41 pm Hi, may I claim Mr. "Jones"/the stranger please? Cheers!
I'd be glad to have you! Just a reminder, though: have you seen the copyright notice at top of the thread?
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_joe_04.mp3
Sorry forgot to include a credit. I will include it in a future chapter and be sure to let you know.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MajorToast wrote: January 26th, 2023, 12:49 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_cheng_24.mp3
one line with credits
Li Chang is PL OK! :thumbs:
I'd forgotten that it's Frank, rather than Joe, who has no lines in chapter 24 (neither has any for 23), but this works out quite well. No fear of confusion from this voice. :wink:

I'll PL Joe this evening.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

redrun wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:05 pm
MajorToast wrote: January 26th, 2023, 12:49 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_cheng_24.mp3
one line with credits
I'd forgotten that it's Frank, rather than Joe, who has no lines in chapter 24 (neither has any for 23), but this works out quite well. No fear of confusion from this voice. :wink:

I am realizing how rusty I am. The MW says CAPTAIN Li Cheng so I will re-do the credits for him and submit it when I include Joe's credits and I will let you know what file, likely the next one.
HDGordon

Post by HDGordon »

redrun wrote: January 26th, 2023, 5:55 am
HDGordon wrote: January 25th, 2023, 11:41 pm Hi, may I claim Mr. "Jones"/the stranger please? Cheers!
I'd be glad to have you! Just a reminder, though: have you seen the copyright notice at top of the thread?
I'm pretty new to Librivox so I apologise for not realising, I've just caught up with the Canadian copyright discourse and didn't realise how nuanced it is - I had assumed that national copyright law only protected national authors, and not international ones (ie only Australian authors and not Canadian ones)? Is this not true? If so I'm so sorry but because I'm Australian (although I don't sound it) I suppose I won't be able to be a part of this project :cry:

Edit: I've read for myself that copyright law protects foreign works as well, so I'll go raise my fists at Australian parliament but also I will have to rescind my claim, best of luck with the project :oops:
Harri (he/him)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

HDGordon wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:52 pm Edit: I've read for myself that copyright law protects foreign works as well, so I'll go raise my fists at Australian parliament but also I will have to rescind my claim, best of luck with the project :oops:
Aye, most of the countries whose names I know have some kind of a mutual copyright protection treaty - usually the Berne Convention. It sure would be nice if being PD in the country where it was published were enough for the others. :roll:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

redrun wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:05 pm
one line with credits

Also, chapter 4 for Joe is PL OK! :thumbs:

I'll watch for those updated voice credits. :)
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

GilmoreDon

Post by GilmoreDon »

Here is the link to Mr. Bill Kane lines in chapter 5. The file is 30 sec in length. I think the setting are correct. I'm sure you'll let me know if there is a problem.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_mrbillkane_05.mp3

Don
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

GilmoreDon wrote: January 27th, 2023, 4:14 pm Here is the link to Mr. Bill Kane lines in chapter 5. The file is 30 sec in length. I think the setting are correct. I'm sure you'll let me know if there is a problem.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/houseonthecliff_mrbillkane_05.mp3

Don
Thank you, I'll be PLing soon. :D