[COMPLETE] L'Atlàntida, by Jacint Verdaguer i Santaló - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

L'Atlàntida, by Jacint Verdaguer i Santaló (1845 - 1902)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/l-atlantida-by-jacint-verdaguer-i-santalo/
L'Atlàntida és un poema èpic que en el seu moment es considerà com la culminació de la recuperació de la llengua catalana com a llengua literària. Segueix la història d'un mariner genovès que se salva d'un naufragi i comença a recollir antigues històries de mariners, des del vell mite d'Hèracles al Pirineu incendiat, passant pel continent de l'Atlàntida i el seu enfosament, fins a la creació del Mar Mediterrani i les seves cultures. // "Atlantis" is an epic poem that at the time was considered the culmination of the recovery of the Catalan language as a literary language. It follows the story of a Genoese sailor who survives a shipwreck and begins to collect ancient stories from sailors, from the old myth of Heracles in the burning Pyrenees, through the continent of Atlantis and its sinking, to the creation of the Mediterranean Sea and its cultures. (Summary by Joan Pujolar)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/laatlntidapoema00verdgoog/page/n129/mode/1up
Target completion date: 2023-04-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Introducció de L'Atlàntida. Aquest és un enregistrament de LibriVox. Tots els enregistraments de LibriVox són de domini públic. Per a més informació o fer-se voluntària, podeu visitar librivox.org." "L'Atlàntida, de Jacint Verdaguer. Introducció."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Cant # de L'Atlàntida, de Jacint Verdaguer. Aquesta gravació de LibriVox és de domini públic." "Cant #."
End of recording:
Say:
"Final de la introducció (o del cant) #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"Fi de L'Atlàntida, de Jacint Verdaguer i Santaló."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: atlantida_##_verdaguer_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. atlantida_01_verdaguer_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by jpujolar on January 26th, 2023, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi Joan,

Please double-check your link. I don't think you'll want to read from this source. :)

Michael
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Quite.

Now it is the right one. Not that the person who entered the data was paying a lot of attention. Language :German :shock: But the book is the right one.

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ok, the MW is up. I've shortened the filename slightly. Not sure why the system didn't recognize the article in the title as such.

Michael
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Dear Michael,

One thing is incorrect, probably my fault for not having quite got the jist of how to set up solo projects in which I do just the admin and others do the reading and prooflistening.

Anyway: I am not the reader of this project. The reader is user "cordajungfrau", to appear also like this in the credits.

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ok, I've reassigned the sections. Btw, the BC can also do that.

Michael
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Hi, Michael and Joan,
Here’s the link to the first section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/atlantida_01_verdaguer_128kb.mp3
Thank you,
Corda Jungfrau
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi Corda,

Great to see this project off to a quick start! I'll move the thread to the forum Going Solo, and if no DPL volunteers by the time another section is up, we can post an ad in Proof Listeners or Editors Wanted.

Michael
llunaemporda

Post by llunaemporda »

Hi,
I could do the DPLing for the whole project ('L'Atlàntida') :)
Greetings,
llunaemporda
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Perfecte.

Michael, can/should I then assign the DPL myself?

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

jpujolar wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:53 pm Michael, can/should I then assign the DPL myself?
When it comes to DPL, the BC accepts and the MC assigns. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

llunaemporda wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:30 am Hi,
I could do the DPLing for the whole project ('L'Atlàntida') :)
Greetings,
llunaemporda
Great! You now have access to the Magic Window. Before you can log in to a MW for the first time, you will need to set up a password for accessing the workflow system, as described here:

How to log in to the workflow system for the first time

If you need a refresher on PLing, there's a link to the PL guide above the Magic Window. As DPL, you'll be updating the status to "See PL Notes" or "PL OK", as appropriate. Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Great, llunaemporda!
And thanks to all of you for your dedication to this project.
Corda Jungfrau
llunaemporda

Post by llunaemporda »

Hi, Michael and Joan,
Thanks for your confidence. I’ve done as indicated and am ready to begin DPLing ‘L’Atlàntida’, which I’ll do in the next hours.
llunaemporda
llunaemporda

Post by llunaemporda »

Hi, Corda,
Congratulations for your work. It's really impressive :clap: . Just a couple of suggestions which could be useful for the next chapters also:
. Applying noise reduction
. Considering the possibility of changing the pronunciation of the pronoun 'lo' to 'lu' in order to help you to make an even more coherent and integrated reading.
I guess it wouldn't mean a great effort to you...
Greetings,
llunaemporda