[Complete] Four Phases of Love by Paul Heyse - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Four Phases of Love, by Paul Heyse (1830 - 1914), translated by George Henry Kingsley (1826 - 1892)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/four-phases-of-love-by-paul-heyse/
Paul Heyse was selected as the 1910 Nobel Laureate in Literature in recognition of " ... his long productive career as a lyric poet, dramatist, novelist and writer of world-renowned short stories." Four of this distinguished author's 177 short stories - Eye-Blindness and Soul-Blindness, Marion, La Rabbiata and By the Banks of the Tiber - all translated by G. H. Kingsley, were published as a collection, entitled Four Phases of Love. (Summary by Brian Fullen)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34104

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Heyse (Paul Heyse)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 18
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Short Stories/Single Author Collections

Keywords that describe the book: romance

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Four Phases of Love. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Four Phases of Love, by Paul Heyse, translated by George Henry Kingsley. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Four Phases of Love, by Paul Heyse, translated by George Henry Kingsley."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: fourphasesoflove_##_heyse_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. fourphasesoflove_01_heyse_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by BrianFullen on January 28th, 2023, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
LeanneCvetan

Post by LeanneCvetan »

I would love to do chapters 1 and 2!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LeanneCvetan wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 3:15 am I would love to do chapters 1 and 2!
Hi,

When we have a meta coordinator (MC) for this project, the MC will create the Magic Window and then I will be able to assign sections to readers. The short story Marion is the only one that does not have at least two chapters. I suppose that you mean Chapters 1 and 2 of Eye Blindness and Soul Blindness which will be Sections 1 and 2 in the MW when it is up and ready. If that isn't what you mean then please let me know.

I will be the book coordinator (BC) for this project. My forum user name is BrianFullen and my LibriVox catalog display name is "Brian Fullen". I don't think you are in the LV catalog just yet but when I (or some other BC, perhaps) assigns you a section or sections you will be in the catalog. What would you like for your display name? Should it be "Leanne Cvetan"?

You can know when this project is launched by subscribing to this topic. You can use the "wrench" tool pull down menu at the bottom of this page to do that if you have not already done so. Meanwhile I will assign you sections 1 and 2 when I can unless you tell me before then that I misunderstood your claim.

Thanks,
Brian
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
LeanneCvetan

Post by LeanneCvetan »

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your response.
This would indeed be my very first read. I also speak German fluently, so having a German author sounded exciting!
I don't think you are in the LV catalog just yet but when I (or some other BC, perhaps) assigns you a section or sections you will be in the catalog. What would you like for your display name? Should it be "Leanne Cvetan"?
yes, please, that would be great, thanks.

Looking forward to this read!
Leanne
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LeanneCvetan wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 10:54 am
This would indeed be my very first read. I also speak German fluently, so having a German author sounded exciting!
Well then, Leanne!

I wish that I could say that I am fluent in German. No matter - I do hope that there will be an ever increasing number of German authors represented in the LV catalog. :clap:

I was pleased to launch Volumes 1 and 2 of Joseph in the Snow, and the Clockmaker in Three Volumes, by Berthold Auerbach. Volume 1 is complete and Volume 2 is fully assigned. I do plan to launch Volume 3 in the near future. I hope you might consider it when I do. :help:

I searched the LV catalog on Paul Heyse prior to this project launch and noted a few short stories in English and a handful of projects in German. Do you have any favorite German authors whose works in German or translated into English might be in the public domain? Perhaps you could post about them in the Book Suggestions topic or, when you feel you are ready, you might consider a solo project. 8-)

I have listened to your 1-minute test and I look forward to hearing you read Chapters 1 and 2 (possibly more) of Eye Blindness and Soul Blindness.

Best wishes,
Brian
LeanneCvetan

Post by LeanneCvetan »

Aw, thanks, Brian.
Please put me on your list for that book and I'll be glad to help!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I can set this up

Edit: ready to go. Let me know if you need anything else.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Lynnet wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 9:20 am I can set this up

Edit: ready to go. Let me know if you need anything else.
I think we are good. Thank you! I'll advertise on PL wanted later today or tomorrow.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LeanneCvetan wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 10:54 am Hi Brian,
Thanks for your response.
I don't think you are in the LV catalog just yet but when I (or some other BC, perhaps) assigns you a section or sections you will be in the catalog. What would you like for your display name? Should it be "Leanne Cvetan"?
yes, please, that would be great, thanks.

Looking forward to this read!
Leanne
https://librivox.org/reader/18246?primary_key=18246&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results 8-) :D
victordorff

Post by victordorff »

I would like to read "Marion."

As with Leanne, this will also be my first read.

Thanks.

Victor
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

victordorff wrote: January 24th, 2023, 7:11 pm I would like to read "Marion."

As with Leanne, this will also be my first read.

Thanks.

Victor
Yes. And what would you prefer as your display name? Would you like it to be Victor Dorff in the LV catalog? Thanks.
victordorff

Post by victordorff »

Thank you, Brian.

And yes, "Victor Dorff" please.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

victordorff wrote: January 24th, 2023, 7:24 pm Thank you, Brian.

And yes, "Victor Dorff" please.
Thank you, Victor, and welcome!
JMcClan

Post by JMcClan »

May I read ch 3 section 3?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

JMcClan wrote: January 25th, 2023, 12:50 pm May I read ch 3 section 3?
Section 3 (Chapter 3 of Eye Blindness and Soul-Blindness) is now yours!

It seems that I will be adding you to the LV Catalog as a New Reader. Would you like your display name to be "JMcClan" as well? Or would you prefer that your display name be "J. McClan" or something else entirely?

After I add you as a new reader - so that I can assign you this section - you will be able to change your LV catalog display name in the future but that will require the assistance of someone with admin privilege.

Thank you,
Brian