'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
DeviceNotBroken

Post by DeviceNotBroken »

I'd like to thank LibriVox and alg1001 (Amy Gramour) for their reading of The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood (1869 - 1951).

I'm a musician and I used a portion of the reading in one of my songs. I was looking for some spoken word to go over the back portion of the song. After reviewing several options, this reading of The Wendigo fit in quickly & perfectly. Thanks again!
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

icequeen wrote: January 10th, 2023, 9:26 pm Praise received for TheBanjo (Peter Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for all your fantastic reads. I’m 80 with challenged vision, live on my own on a small island off the west coast of Canada and have spent many days listening to you. Familiar with Conrad from my youth, this has been my first exposure to Ford Madox Ford - he’s brilliant - I listened to each book twice - thank you so much!!!

All of Peter's recordings!
Anne, thanks so much for passing this on. I'm very touched. Would you be willing to pass back a note from me, as follows?

"Well, thank you so much for taking the trouble to write to me, which I do very much appreciate. For all its downside, the world wide web has definitely brought us some wonderful benefits, and that you can be sitting on a small island off the west coast of Canada listening to a guy recording old books in Melbourne, Australia is surely one of them. I suffer from glaucoma myself, and am well aware that one day I, too, may be very glad to get hold of audiobooks of old classics myself. Joseph Conrad is an early love of mine, but I only came to Ford Madox Ford much later. I think he's vastly under-appreciated, and am so glad to hear you have enjoyed coming across him. Once again, thank you so much for getting in touch. You've made my day!"

Peter
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

TheBanjo wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:50 pm
icequeen wrote: January 10th, 2023, 9:26 pm Praise received for TheBanjo (Peter Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for all your fantastic reads. I’m 80 with challenged vision, live on my own on a small island off the west coast of Canada and have spent many days listening to you. Familiar with Conrad from my youth, this has been my first exposure to Ford Madox Ford - he’s brilliant - I listened to each book twice - thank you so much!!!

All of Peter's recordings!
Anne, thanks so much for passing this on. I'm very touched. Would you be willing to pass back a note from me, as follows?

"Well, thank you so much for taking the trouble to write to me, which I do very much appreciate. For all its downside, the world wide web has definitely brought us some wonderful benefits, and that you can be sitting on a small island off the west coast of Canada listening to a guy recording old books in Melbourne, Australia is surely one of them. I suffer from glaucoma myself, and am well aware that one day I, too, may be very glad to get hold of audiobooks of old classics myself. Joseph Conrad is an early love of mine, but I only came to Ford Madox Ford much later. I think he's vastly under-appreciated, and am so glad to hear you have enjoyed coming across him. Once again, thank you so much for getting in touch. You've made my day!"

Peter
You are very welcome! And, I have passed your note on to the listener!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Thank you to Peter Dann for another wonderful reading. I thoroughly enjoyed his version of Joseph Conrad's "Twixt Land and Sea." (PM sent to reader.)

Thanks again!
Mary

“Myrna could spend happy hours browsing bookcases. She felt if she could just get a good look at a person’s bookcase and their grocery cart, she’d pretty much know who they were.” 📚

Louise Penny
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am just listening to the wonderful changing voice of Ruth Golding
reading DH Lawrence "Women In Love".

Please, tell her - I am excited. And I feel much gratitude to listen to
her for free.

Very kind regards from southern Germany,

Wolfgang
All of Ruth's recordings!