[Complete] The Dirge of the Sea-Children, and Other Poems by Kenneth Rand - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

The Dirge of the Sea-Children, and Other Poems, by Kenneth Rand (1891 - 1918)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-dirge-of-the-sea-children-and-other-poems-by-kenneth-rand/

The first of three volumes of poetry published by Yale English literature graduate Kenneth Rand before his untimely death in 1918 by the Great Influenza epidemic as he was trying to serve his country in WW1. Many of the poems within this first volume were reprints of Rand's contributions to the various magazines available during his time at Yale, including the Yale Literary Magazine where he served as chairman of the board. Some of the notable poems within this collection of his early works include The Crows, Lover's Dawn, The Prodigal, and Straw-Death. (Summary by Stefan Von Blon)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/dirgeofseachildr00rand

Target completion date: 2023-03-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Rand (Kenneth Rand)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 62
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1913
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author; Poetry/Lyric

Keywords that describe the book: librivox, poetry, audiobooks, 1913, lyrical poetry, Yale poetry

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Title of Poem by Kenneth Rand. Read for LibriVox dot org by your name."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of poem. This recording is in the public domain."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Dirge of the Sea-Children, and Other Poems, by Kenneth Rand."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: dirgeoftheseachildren_##_rand_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. dirgeoftheseachildren_01_rand_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by svonb002 on January 15th, 2023, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Stefan V.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I can set this up for you.

All set.
You might want to shorten the file name.
Do you have a DPL setup?
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Hi Lynnet.

Thank you for being the MC for this project. I have shortened the file name by your request. I currently do not have a DPL setup.
~ Stefan V.
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

All links for this project have been added to the MW awaiting any potential DPL.
~ Stefan V.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have put an ad in Listeners Wanted
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'll start PLing as I have some availability now. Not sure if I'll get through all of it, but I hope to :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

A suggested edit for "The Red Romance" #11, first line ends with "quays" which is pronounced like "keys". I'm mentioning it because it affects the rhyme, but it's totally optional!

Otherwise, all sections are PL OK!

Very well done, Stefan!
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 10th, 2023, 8:14 am A suggested edit for "The Red Romance" #11, first line ends with "quays" which is pronounced like "keys". I'm mentioning it because it affects the rhyme, but it's totally optional!

Otherwise, all sections are PL OK!

Very well done, Stefan!
Thank you for being the DPL for this project! I have updated section 11 for your review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/dirgeoftheseachildren_11_rand_128kb.mp3 1:36 min
~ Stefan V.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

This is spot-checked PL OK! :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Congratulations on bringing this book of poetry to the catalog.

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-dirge-of-the-sea-children-and-other-poems-by-kenneth-rand/