[COMPLETE] Christmas Short Works Collection 2022 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
farnhamcrier

Post by farnhamcrier »

TriciaG wrote: December 18th, 2022, 11:33 am
Ansam wrote: December 18th, 2022, 9:51 am Hello, I'd like to offer "A Childs Christmas in Wales" by Dylan Thomas, but there seems to be a little confusion as to whether it is PD in the USA. It is PD in Canada. If you can be of any help with this I would be most grateful, Thank you,
Andy
From Wikipedia:
A Child's Christmas in Wales is a piece of prose by the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas recorded by Thomas in 1952. Emerging from an earlier piece he wrote for BBC Radio...
A work originating outside the US within the last 95 years, it's copyrighted in the US.
Does this mean that even after the 9th November this year, when his work is out of copyright in the UK, we will not be able to record any of his works for LibriVox?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

farnhamcrier wrote: January 7th, 2023, 1:27 am
TriciaG wrote: December 18th, 2022, 11:33 am
Ansam wrote: December 18th, 2022, 9:51 am Hello, I'd like to offer "A Childs Christmas in Wales" by Dylan Thomas, but there seems to be a little confusion as to whether it is PD in the USA. It is PD in Canada. If you can be of any help with this I would be most grateful, Thank you,
Andy
From Wikipedia:
A Child's Christmas in Wales is a piece of prose by the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas recorded by Thomas in 1952. Emerging from an earlier piece he wrote for BBC Radio...
A work originating outside the US within the last 95 years, it's copyrighted in the US.
Does this mean that even after the 9th November this year, when his work is out of copyright in the UK, we will not be able to record any of his works for LibriVox?
If he wrote anything in 1927 or earlier, those works can be done for LV here in 2023. Newer works are not PD in the US, so cannot be recorded for LV.

Legamus.eu (a sister site) will accept works by Life+70 authors that aren't PD in the USA. Thomas' works will be PD in the UK on January 1, 2024 - it's a full 70 calendar years, not 70 years starting the date of the death. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

TriciaG wrote: January 7th, 2023, 7:55 am Legamus.eu (a sister site) will accept works by Life+70 authors that aren't PD in the USA.
I think no moderators come there anymore. My thread with a question has never got accepted for the publication.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭