[COMPLETE] The Master Mind of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

JoeDeNoia wrote: January 4th, 2023, 7:28 pm Well I'm sure both can listen to these chapters for DPL.
It is a community, after all
Chapter 4 is PL OK
Things I'm working on:
Editing: None.
Recording: Soldiers | Super Secret Solo Project
Fixing: None
I will PL for you if it is ready. Just pm me a link to the thread.
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

Chapter 5

PL Notes:

Around 07:00 there are 2 instances of ... it sounds like a loud and quick echo... but it's on top of the first letter of the word being said. If someone could give that a second listen to determine its pertinence, I'd much appreciate it.

I am loving this book thus far! Immortality, such a feat! Such a thought!
Things I'm working on:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

HopesUnicorn wrote: January 5th, 2023, 2:11 pm Chapter 5

PL Notes:

Around 07:00 there are 2 instances of ... it sounds like a loud and quick echo... but it's on top of the first letter of the word being said. If someone could give that a second listen to determine its pertinence, I'd much appreciate it.

Do you know how to get into the Magic Window to change the status of the sections you've done?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Hope,

Chapter 5 or Section 5 (Chapter 4)?
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

JoeDeNoia wrote: January 5th, 2023, 5:47 pm Hope,

Chapter 5 or Section 5 (Chapter 4)?
Chapter 5, (danger) my apologies.

Chapter 6 (Suspicions) PL Notes:

08:35 it sounds like the sentence is cut on top of itself. "He whos brain had been divided with an ape..."

08:40 Step over. Same as above. The sentence seems to be snipped in a space that was needed and moves it unnaturally forward.

21:00 There are several instances where there are long pauses between snippets of the sentence.

If I may ask, someone else take a listen to these sections and see if they warrant fixing.

I am having such a time listening to these chapters!
Things I'm working on:
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

Chapter 7 (Escape) PL OK

(ooohhhh! To be but staring down the barrel of a carbine when so close you are to escape!!!)
Things I'm working on:
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

Chapter 8 (Hands up!) PL OK

I have never actually read an ERB book before and now I feel like I missed out.
Things I'm working on:
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Chapter 5 - I can't hear what you are referring to. So it must be so slight, as not to warrant an amendment. I have checked from 6:50 to 7:10
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Chapter 6 - Amended

Two items:
1) I don't believe there is anyone else that is that is listening to this after you during the DPL. So you and I will figure it out.
and 2) some of this flowing is relating to personal style, and at times how this man writes his stories: some are run-on sentences that need to be broken up. and MANY commas. In fact, at one sentence, I am convinced they forgot to publish a Period (I recently recorded The Federalist Papers on my YouTube channel: that Alexander Hamilton has SO MANY commas in his sentences that getting the actual flow of a certain sentence took an ACTIVE concentration on my part, to get it to work.) =)
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

JoeDeNoia wrote: January 6th, 2023, 7:42 am Chapter 6 - Amended

Two items:
1) I don't believe there is anyone else that is that is listening to this after you during the DPL. So you and I will figure it out.
and 2) some of this flowing is relating to personal style, and at times how this man writes his stories: some are run-on sentences that need to be broken up. and MANY commas. In fact, at one sentence, I am convinced they forgot to publish a Period (I recently recorded The Federalist Papers on my YouTube channel: that Alexander Hamilton has SO MANY commas in his sentences that getting the actual flow of a certain sentence took an ACTIVE concentration on my part, to get it to work.) =)
Ah. Run on sentences are the worst! I will listen with more understanding now! It is quite an interesting listen and your voice is so nice! I am rather enjoying this DPL experience. Thank you
Things I'm working on:
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Thank you for the Compliment! I've been trying hard over the years. (I want to make this a career, if I can)

When you're done here, feel free to check out the channel: https://www.youtube.com/@JCDeNoia/playlists
Always on the lookout for new subscribers! Over 400 audio files on there, from my work here, and what I have done on the side. (Most recent work certainly sound better than my earlier work)
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

JoeDeNoia wrote: January 6th, 2023, 8:54 am Thank you for the Compliment! I've been trying hard over the years. (I want to make this a career, if I can)

When you're done here, feel free to check out the channel: https://www.youtube.com/@JCDeNoia/playlists
Always on the lookout for new subscribers! Over 400 audio files on there, from my work here, and what I have done on the side. (Most recent work certainly sound better than my earlier work)
I have subscribed and am going to dive into Edgar Allen Poe! I so love his works.

ALL REMAINING chapters: PL OK

(I don't know how to access the MW/have access)

Thank you so much for your rendition of this story. It was a wonderous listen and I so enjoyed it.
Things I'm working on:
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

TriciaG wrote: January 5th, 2023, 2:43 pm
HopesUnicorn wrote: January 5th, 2023, 2:11 pm Chapter 5

PL Notes:

Do you know how to get into the Magic Window to change the status of the sections you've done?
I do not.
Things I'm working on:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

(I don't know how to access the MW/have access)
If you're going to do more DPL'ing, it's a very useful thing to have. :)

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here:
Instructions for DPLs

Holler if you have questions.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Hope: Thanks for the good work on this! And much appreciated the Sub!!! (spread the word lol!)

Tricia: Here is the Intro for you:

Across the the vast reaches of space went he: another man of Earth (Ulysses Paxton) finds himself transported to Mars ("Barsoom"), following in the footsteps of the legendary John Carter. Originally imprisoned by a mad scientist on Mars who unlocked the secret of eternal life by transferring one's brain into a new body...thereby living forever: Ulysses embarks on an adventure to return an enslaved woman's mind back to her own body - a body taken by a tyrannical Empress of one of the greater cities of Barsoom! Gathering together the most unlikely group of allies: a native Great White Ape of Barsoom who has half of a brain of a man, then a soldier whose own body was sold for replacement for longevity to a prince of the Empress, and a lastly a notable assassin: the desperate cadre fight madly to restore everyone's lives to what they once were. To where will this adventure take them on this savage, and far-away planet? Join Edgar Rice Burroughs as he takes us once more to Mars for an adventure unlike any you have experienced before!