[COMPLETE] The Thrill Book Vol. I. No. 1, March 1,1919- ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 3

:30 Your intro should say what is in the Title Bar of the MW (Magic Window) "The Ivory Hunters, Chapters 1 & 2), by Author . . . . Chapter 1
10:22 ‘Pongo Tomale, senor, you say sorrorf. (this misses the point that it is Spanish)
10:47 climbed over our stern, you say stem
15:22 staring at us, you say daring

This sounds great! All tech specs fine. Since you asked for advice, I would encourage you in future to leave a slight pause between sentences, which normally should not run into each other. .5 to 1.5 seconds is about normal.

Also, after you make your corrections, please be careful to name your file exactly as shown in the First Post. We cannot accept any deviations from this in our catalog. Save corrected file as an .mp3 thus: thrillbookvol1no1_03_various_128kb
and upload the resultant file name, being sure to note the time. It will look like this:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thrillbookvol1no1_03_128kb.mp3 22:38

I hope you will claim Section 4 and continue on with this story. I will gladly listen to more from your talented voice.
Kavik

Post by Kavik »

Hello , Thank you for the PL and the suggestions I did think that stern and senor were the correct words but I wasn't sure if we were allowed to correct the printed words as I had stem and sehorf in my copy lol. I'm hoping I got the corrections right but my sound changes slightly as I forgot to write down my effects that i used the first time through. Sorry about that but tried to get it as close as I could here is the link https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thrillbookvol1no1_03_various_128kb.mp3 22:39

Thank you for your patience!
Kavik
Kavik

Post by Kavik »

Hello I would like to claim section 4 chapters 3-5 of the ivory hunters
Kavik
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

re post 2 up. If the words are obviously wrong and could be something else if the ocr were better, for example rn and m are common misreadings then you can change them, but if it said black and you think white would be better you must read black.

Anne
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Kavik wrote: December 10th, 2022, 9:18 pm Hello I would like to claim section 4 chapters 3-5 of the ivory hunters
Kavik
Thanks! It's yours!
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

I would like to claim Sections 2 and 12
Thank you
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
msfry

Post by msfry »

Kavik wrote: December 10th, 2022, 9:13 pm Hello , Thank you for the PL and the suggestions I did think that stern and senor were the correct words but I wasn't sure if we were allowed to correct the printed words as I had stem and sehorf in my copy lol. I'm hoping I got the corrections right but my sound changes slightly as I forgot to write down my effects that i used the first time through. Sorry about that but tried to get it as close as I could here is the link https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thrillbookvol1no1_03_various_128kb.mp3 22:39

Kavik
Section 3 is PL OK. Those edits were fine. Looking forward to 4. :)
TIPS:
* OCR often misreads letters and sometimes words. When in doubt, I usually go in search of another copy of the book, and in this case the scanned copy of the book on IA (which is what I proof listened from) had it right.
* Not required, but Gutenberg appreciates it when we report the errors we find in their OCR materials. Here's the link explaining how: https://www.gutenberg.org/help/errata.html
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

GraceBuchanan wrote: December 11th, 2022, 7:43 am I would like to claim Sections 2 and 12
Thank you
Sure thing! Thank you!
Kavik

Post by Kavik »

msfry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 7:46 am
Kavik wrote: December 10th, 2022, 9:13 pmok thanks for the information!
Kavik
Hello , Thank you for the PL and the suggestions I did think that stern and senor were the correct words but I wasn't sure if we were allowed to correct the printed words as I had stem and sehorf in my copy lol. I'm hoping I got the corrections right but my sound changes slightly as I forgot to write down my effects that i used the first time through. Sorry about that but tried to get it as close as I could here is the link https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thrillbookvol1no1_03_various_128kb.mp3 22:39

Kavik
Section 3 is PL OK. Those edits were fine. Looking forward to 4. :)
TIPS:
* OCR often misreads letters and sometimes words. When in doubt, I usually go in search of another copy of the book, and in this case the scanned copy of the book on IA (which is what I proof listened from) had it right.
* Not required, but Gutenberg appreciates it when we report the errors we find in their OCR materials. Here's the link explaining how: https://www.gutenberg.org/help/errata.html
ok great thank you for the information!
Kavik
Kavik

Post by Kavik »

annise wrote: December 10th, 2022, 9:23 pm re post 2 up. If the words are obviously wrong and could be something else if the ocr were better, for example rn and m are common misreadings then you can change them, but if it said black and you think white would be better you must read black.

Anne
Thank you for the info
Kavik
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

In case anyone is curious, the "Strange but True" in the subject refers to the Around the World section.
alicedodd

Post by alicedodd »

I would like to tackle The Jeweled Ibis Chapter I. Something of Mystery. I’d like to do all of it, but I’m not sure how long that would take me so I’m going to ask for them one at a time.
My name is Alice and I’m new here.
Thanks!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

alicedodd wrote: December 28th, 2022, 8:45 am I would like to tackle The Jeweled Ibis Chapter I. Something of Mystery. I’d like to do all of it, but I’m not sure how long that would take me so I’m going to ask for them one at a time.
My name is Alice and I’m new here.
Thanks!
Sure! no problem!
alicedodd

Post by alicedodd »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thrillbookvol1no1_06_various_128kb.mp3
duration 12:38

and i would like to claim section 7 of the jeweled ibis

thanks!
alice
alicedodd

Post by alicedodd »

And I have a question. Since all these sections are chapters of one piece, do I need to repeat the Librivox disclaimer for each section, or just for the first one?