The Place For All Your 'Nonsense' Questions To Be Answered By Your Fellow Librivoxers

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Am I the only person here who finds the general pronounciation of english words in his region to be the best? :lol:
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

AdhiraamBose wrote: July 17th, 2022, 9:10 am Am I the only person here who finds the general pronounciation of english words in his region to be the best? :lol:
This was purely a joke. :shock:

Don't take it otherwise.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm always saying " Australians do not have accents - everyone else does". And the thing I learned very early around here was NEVER to tell anyone they pronounced a word incorrectly unless they actually asked me to. And also never to try and explain why that way was wrong - they can always come up with a case where the rule does not apply :mrgreen:

Anne
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

annise wrote: July 18th, 2022, 4:56 am I'm always saying " Australians do not have accents - everyone else does". And the thing I learned very early around here was NEVER to tell anyone they pronounced a word incorrectly unless they actually asked me to. And also never to try and explain why that way was wrong - they can always come up with a case where the rule does not apply :mrgreen:

Anne
The Australian accent is the most wholesome of all(Even though I have heard it a very few times.).Please,don't take any offence but the accent generally feels like something is stuck in the speaker's voice box. :lol:
Even some distinct words only present in Australian English also feel very Jolly and Cute.

I always and still do feel that our Indian accent(primarily from the North Indian belt) is the most Raw and Natural of all the accents I have heard till date even though South Indian English is fun and flavourful in its own distinct way.
On the other hand,British English feels too sophisticated and royal and American English feels too stylized and casual for my taste.

Note:-This whole post was meant for a fun purpose and is to be viewed as such.If anyone becomes angry by this post and gets high blood pressure,me and librivox cannot be held accountable.This is a new Term And Condition that will be added soon by the respectable admins as 'Librivox's Terms And Conditions for Prevention of High Blood Pressure'.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

AdhiraamBose wrote: July 18th, 2022, 8:29 am Note:-This whole post was meant for a fun purpose and is to be viewed as such.If anyone becomes angry by this post and gets high blood pressure,me and librivox cannot be held accountable.This is a new Term And Condition that will be added soon by the respectable admins as 'Librivox's Terms And Conditions for Prevention of High Blood Pressure'.
:lol: I love this! :lol:
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

mightyfelix wrote: July 18th, 2022, 2:48 pm
AdhiraamBose wrote: July 18th, 2022, 8:29 am Note:-This whole post was meant for a fun purpose and is to be viewed as such.If anyone becomes angry by this post and gets high blood pressure,me and librivox cannot be held accountable.This is a new Term And Condition that will be added soon by the respectable admins as 'Librivox's Terms And Conditions for Prevention of High Blood Pressure'.
:lol: I love this! :lol:
:D
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Bookworm360 wrote: July 16th, 2022, 2:38 pm So, which is correct: toMAYto or toMAHto (or does it just depend on which part of the English-speaking world you live in)?
Sir/Ma'am,I actually needed to tell you that once you are satisfied with the discussion on your topic,you have to write 'Next Question Please.' in Bold to let others know that they can post their question.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Ah, yes.
Next question please.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

My Question Is:-
Is AMOLED Screen harmful for eyes?

Currently,I own a phone with an AMOLED(or probably Super AMOLED) screen and with it I am facing pain in my eyes even with low brightness.The phones I owned before it had IPS screens and with them I never faced eye pain even with Medium brightness.

Is my eye pain because of the Screen type or simply because I might have increased my screen time?
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Next Question Please.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

My Question Is:-
How did the older generation spend their free time in their teens and 20s?What did you people do before technology took a boom to mess with our lives?What did you do when you were alone and when you were with friends and family?And,what was that one thing that gave you the most fullfillment?
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

AdhiraamBose wrote: December 9th, 2022, 2:15 am My Question Is:-
How did the older generation spend their free time in their teens and 20s?What did you people do before technology took a boom to mess with our lives?What did you do when you were alone and when you were with friends and family?And,what was that one thing that gave you the most fullfillment?

When I was a first year uni student (lo, these many years ago) we played bridge. We went for evening walks (to buy cigarettes). We stayed up all night talking or reading. We went to parties. I suppose that television was the 'technology' of the day but we didn't watch it.

The one thing I loved most in my late teens? Singing in a small group under the direction of a stern, inspiring, conductor.

Barbara
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

barbara2 wrote: December 15th, 2022, 4:19 am
AdhiraamBose wrote: December 9th, 2022, 2:15 am My Question Is:-

When I was a first year uni student (lo, these many years ago) we played bridge. We went for evening walks (to buy cigarettes). We stayed up all night talking or reading. We went to parties. I suppose that television was the 'technology' of the day but we didn't watch it.

The one thing I loved most in my late teens? Singing in a small group under the direction of a stern, inspiring, conductor.

Barbara
Women consuming cigars is not a taboo in the west,right?
Apart from that,what do you feel life meant to your generation and what does it means today?
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Next Question Please.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Sorry if this has appeared twice. I thought i submitted but now can’t find it! Anyway… why does my reader name appear twice on my Reader Page and they both link to the same page. Can I get it fixed?
Thanks,
Adrian