COMPLETE: The Morality of Marriage and Other Essays on the Status and Destiny of Woman by Mona Caird -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

Hi. Looks like this one is fully subscribed. It's still on the readers wanted page.

Czandra
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 5 is available again due to an expired claim. Any takers?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

I've uploaded the Introduction, 31:58
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moralityofmarriage_00_caird_128kb.mp3

I got some errors in the checker, though I followed the naming convention given...I ignored them.
The name appears to include bit rate information (128kb), but standard names do not.  Help
The file name does not appear to match the ID3 metadata:
The section number does not match the title ("00" versus "Introduction").
The section number does not match the track number ("00" versus "0").

Will check back for proofreading notes.
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

I can take section 5. Does the 2 month mark start from when I ask or when you accept my claim?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SwetaB wrote: December 4th, 2022, 6:19 pm I can take section 5. Does the 2 month mark start from when I ask or when you accept my claim?
Section 5 is all yours! Thank you for claiming! I go by two months from the date I accept a claim, though other BCs might differ.

Thank you for section 0! I'll try to have it PL'd by tomorrow, but I most likely won't be able to post any feedback until Tuesday, since the site will be down for maintenance tomorrow.

By the way, do you by any chance have your Checker validation set to Strict instead of Gentle? That might be the reason for the errors you're seeing, but I don't think they'll be anything to worry about, because Gentle validation is all that's needed.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SwetaB wrote: December 4th, 2022, 6:15 pm I've uploaded the Introduction, 31:58
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moralityofmarriage_00_caird_128kb.mp3

I got some errors in the checker, though I followed the naming convention given...I ignored them.
The name appears to include bit rate information (128kb), but standard names do not.  Help
The file name does not appear to match the ID3 metadata:
The section number does not match the title ("00" versus "Introduction").
The section number does not match the track number ("00" versus "0").

Will check back for proofreading notes.
Thanks again for this chapter! This is a very nicely done first recording, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. I have just a few notes:

- At 4:36, "One and all would be forced to submit their commissariat department," I hear "One and all would be forced to submit their commiserate department" (p. 3)
- At 6:40, "when those excrescences ceased to be esteemed," you say "when those exessences ceased to be esteemed" (p. 4)
- At 7:12, "was ever put bodily into the place of a preceding one," you say "was ever put boldly into the place of a preceding one" (p. 4)
- At 7:23, "and had the final state of affairs been foreseen by the reformers of the era," I hear "and had the final state of affairs been foreseen by the formers of the era" (p. 4)
- At 9:48, "In a recent unsigned article in The Spectator," you say "In a recent unsigned article in The Specter" (p. 5)
- At 27:49, "for the bestowal upon them of civic rights," you say "for the bestowal upon them of civil rights" (p. 15)

Sarah
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

Scarbo wrote: December 4th, 2022, 6:34 pm
Section 5 is all yours! Thank you for claiming! I go by two months from the date I accept a claim, though other BCs might differ.

Thank you for section 0! I'll try to have it PL'd by tomorrow, but I most likely won't be able to post any feedback until Tuesday, since the site will be down for maintenance tomorrow.

By the way, do you by any chance have your Checker validation set to Strict instead of Gentle? That might be the reason for the errors you're seeing, but I don't think they'll be anything to worry about, because Gentle validation is all that's needed.
Got it. Section 5, only has 6 pages, not 20. 92-97.

Also, I saw the notes on the intro. Thanks, will try to get those to you in the next few days. And yes, the validation is on Strict, will change.
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

Uploaded Introduction with the notes applied. 31:56
Cheers!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SwetaB wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:34 pm Uploaded Introduction with the notes applied. 31:56
Cheers!
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you! Section 5 is nicely done. I have just a few notes:

- At 5:24, "though here, there are some faint traces of the mother-age," I hear "though here, there are some faint traces of the motherage" (p. 94)
- At 5:28, "as in the asserted 'venerableness' of a mother," you say "as in the asserted 'vulnerableness' of a woman" (p. 94)
- At 5:34, "However, her extreme venerableness," you say "However, her extreme vulnerableness" (p. 94)
- At 7:03, "Still remains a defended canon," I hear "still remains a deafened canon" (p. 95)
- From 8:31 to 8:52, there's a long pause. Could you trim it down to about 1.5-2 seconds?
- At 9:10, "the one just quoted recalling the following example of similar formation," you say "the one just quoted recalling for the following example of similar formation" (p. 96)
- At 9:48, "that the tacit beliefs," I hear "that the tacit belief" (p. 96)

Sarah
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

What on earth is a "deafened canon??" :?

This reading out loud thing is tricky eh?

Thanks for the prooflisten, see the corrections: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moralityofmarriage_05_caird_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SwetaB wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:30 pm What on earth is a "deafened canon??" :?

This reading out loud thing is tricky eh?

Thanks for the prooflisten, see the corrections: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moralityofmarriage_05_caird_128kb.mp3
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Jo, all the sections are finished, but if it's okay, I'd like a little time to double-check that all my ducks are in a row after having to do some consolidation of sections because of my goof-up with initially missing a chapter out of the MW. I'll post an update to let you know when things are ready for cataloging. I don't anticipate needing longer than the end of tomorrow. Thank you!

Sarah
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

That's fine. :)
Jo