[COMPLETE] The Fifth Queen Crowned by Ford Madox Ford - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

The Fifth Queen Crowned, by Ford Madox Ford (1873 - 1939)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fifth-queen-crowned-by-ford-madox-ford/
This is the final book of Ford's The Fifth Queen trilogy, a series of historical novels presenting a fictionalized version of the life of Katharine Howard, the fifth wife of Henry VIII. In this last installment, Katharine is now queen, but calumnious rumors gaining traction in the king's court are putting her reputation and life at stake. (Summary by Scarbo)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27432

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Special
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: wJWZzbrD
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Madox_Ford (Ford Madox Ford)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifth_Queen
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 21
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1908
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Historical Fiction

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Part #, Chapter # of The Fifth Queen Crowned. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Fifth Queen Crowned, by Ford Madox Ford. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of Part #, Chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Fifth Queen Crowned, by Ford Madox Ford."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: fifthqueencrowned_##_ford_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. fifthqueencrowned_01_ford_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by Scarbo on January 19th, 2023, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I would like to be the DPL for this project.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Here we are! Can I claim the whole shebang?
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can MC this one, so I will set up the MW for you. But, I do need some clarification, because there is a post in the Launch Pad for this same project, but no template. What are we doing here? Is this going to be solo project for Mark, or a group project?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Let me try to explain. I tried setting this up as a solo, but it got bollixed up, so Scarbo helped me set it up as a group project, just to get it open. The idea was that I would then claim all the chapters
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, so do you want to learn how to run the MW? Or, are you going to rely on Scarbo to do this for you? It is better that you learn how to do this on your own.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Yes, what do I do now? I see the Magic Window is open, but how do I move this over to wherever it goes from here?
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Actually, the moving on the thread is an admin super power, and we are just doing baby steps right now. For now, I need to the access the MW for the first time. We are going to be shutdown for at least tomorrow, so you may not get to this right away. That is fine. But, here are the instructions for accessing the workflow system, which the MW is one part of. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ I need you to do that whenever you are able to, then let me know when you are in, or if you have any problems. The biggest problem most people have is being logged into the uploader. The uploader has a different password than the MW, so if you are told you don't have permission to access, go to the uploader and log out. Scarbo and I will help you as much, or as little, as you need. Ask all the questions that you want!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

First off, WELCOME BACK, LIBRIVOX!!
Then, having had two days to ponder, no, I have no desire to produce these extravaganzas. That's simply not in my interest zone; me, I'm a recording guy. So, however we package this, can this be something where I record the stories, and leave it to you, Ice Queen, to manage it?
My name is Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can, if Scarbo is not going to BC the project. I would rather not, because I have 39 other projects that I am handling, so, Scarbo, if you are wanting to handle the project, please do so.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'll be happy to BC! I'll try to get the MW chapters filled in tonight.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

The MW now has chapters! By the way, Mark, I didn't include word counts since this is a solo project. Also, if you by any chance wrote your own summary that you'd prefer to use, you're welcome to replace mine with it.

Sarah
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Scarbo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:12 pm I'll be happy to BC! I'll try to get the MW chapters filled in tonight.
Perfect! Thank you very much!

Since we have everything worked out, we are ready to move over to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/privyseal_14_ford_128kb.mp3

fifthqueencrowned_01_Ford_128kb.mp3
gutenberg.org/books/27432
Duration: 19:54

And we're off to the races!!
My name is Mark
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

7A2c3Ml wrote: December 11th, 2022, 11:11 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/privyseal_14_ford_128kb.mp3

fifthqueencrowned_01_Ford_128kb.mp3
gutenberg.org/books/27432
Duration: 19:54

And we're off to the races!!
Thank you! The link wasn't working for me. When you have a chance, could you try uploading this section again?

Sarah