COMPLETE[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 018 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

redrun wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:01 pm
stepheather wrote: December 4th, 2022, 8:19 pm Thanks, redrun!
Well, in case there's time to grab it before the outage, here's the narrator too!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/reckoning_narrator_wilde.mp3 (10:49)

I've tried to leave just a bit of space between the character name and the stage direction ("The customer -pause- interrupting"), in case you'd rather not have both in. I think either way is pretty normal, so whatever sounds good to you!

You'll also notice I've hammed it up; if you want a straight-laced, matter-of-fact narration, I'm game for that too.
If you want absolutely anything done differently, I'll be around once the site's back up, and happy to re-record or adjust to whatever works best for you. I hope you have as much fun with this as I am, so far!
Thanks--I grabbed it from here just in case I can get to it as well! If not, I'll grab it from the MW after Todd puts it in.

(I have a half-edited long section with a looming deadline I've got to get finished, so...not sure what I'll work on first!)

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

redrun wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:01 pm
stepheather wrote: December 4th, 2022, 8:19 pm Thanks, redrun!
Well, in case there's time to grab it before the outage, here's the narrator too!

I've tried to leave just a bit of space between the character name and the stage direction ("The customer -pause- interrupting"), in case you'd rather not have both in. I think either way is pretty normal, so whatever sounds good to you!

You'll also notice I've hammed it up; if you want a straight-laced, matter-of-fact narration, I'm game for that too.
If you want absolutely anything done differently, I'll be around once the site's back up, and happy to re-record or adjust to whatever works best for you. I hope you have as much fun with this as I am, so far!
Thanks, redrun! I think I like the hammed up narration.

Good catch on "clock" instead of "dock" at the beginning.

Only one note:
2:40--I hear "he sets down", text says "he lets down the chair suddenly," and I think that's correct. Can you re-record that line for me, please?

Thanks,
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

stepheather

Post by stepheather »

GregGiordano wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:01 pm Here are the lines for The Customer in The Reckoning:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thereckoning_customer_wilde.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Hi, Greg,

Just an update--I listened to your lines and I really appreciated the range of emotions you've conveyed.

There are a good number of instances where your breath is hitting the microphone pretty hard; I need to bring the lines into Audacity and see what I can do with them. I may need a few re-recorded (just where it interferes with understanding the words), but I'm thinking there won't be too many.

I've got a longish file I'm working on (with a deadline of this Sunday), so I'll try to finish that one up and then work on this. Let me know if you need the feedback sooner for any reason. :)

Thank you!
Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

stepheather wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:55 pm
GregGiordano wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:01 pm Here are the lines for The Customer in The Reckoning:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thereckoning_customer_wilde.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Hi, Greg,

Just an update--I listened to your lines and I really appreciated the range of emotions you've conveyed.

There are a good number of instances where your breath is hitting the microphone pretty hard; I need to bring the lines into Audacity and see what I can do with them. I may need a few re-recorded (just where it interferes with understanding the words), but I'm thinking there won't be too many.

I've got a longish file I'm working on (with a deadline of this Sunday), so I'll try to finish that one up and then work on this. Let me know if you need the feedback sooner for any reason. :)

Thank you!
Stephanie
Thank you for the feedback. I. Will do whatever you need to make the file right.

Take care,

Greg
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Could I claim The Barber in The Reckoning?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

OooThatsNifty wrote: December 7th, 2022, 10:37 am Could I claim The Barber in The Reckoning?
Sounds great--thank you!
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Roboshiflo

Post by Roboshiflo »

May I claim Alice Hemingway in A Wicked Woman?
Robin Michele
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Roboshiflo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 3:49 pm May I claim Alice Hemingway in A Wicked Woman?
Absolutely, we'll be glad to have you! Looks like this is your first dramatic production with LibriVox, but the process will probably feel quite similar, and I'm happy to help if you've got questions.

Most of the important instructions are in the first post of this thread, but here are the special instructions for this play:
Since you're in an individual role, you'll read the character's name instead of the LibriVox public domain disclaimer, but I'd also like you to include the character description, like so:
Alice Hemingway, A society woman, good-hearted, and a match-maker, read by <your catalog name>

Then, stage directions - in this play, they show up inside [ brackets ], sometimes in the middle of your line. When that happens, I'd like you to treat before and after as two separate lines, leaving the usual 3-5 seconds of silence between them.

Here's an example. You'd say all from "First," to "not love me." Then leave 3 seconds, and pick up from "And third, because".
ALICE HEMINGWAY. [Judiciously.] First, because I did not love you. Second, because you did not love me. [She smiles at his protesting hand and at the protesting expression on his face.] And third, because ...
Roboshiflo

Post by Roboshiflo »

redrun wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:34 pm
Roboshiflo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 3:49 pm May I claim Alice Hemingway in A Wicked Woman?
Absolutely, we'll be glad to have you! Looks like this is your first dramatic production with LibriVox, but the process will probably feel quite similar, and I'm happy to help if you've got questions.

Most of the important instructions are in the first post of this thread, but here are the special instructions for this play:
Since you're in an individual role, you'll read the character's name instead of the LibriVox public domain disclaimer, but I'd also like you to include the character description, like so:
Alice Hemingway, A society woman, good-hearted, and a match-maker, read by <your catalog name>

Then, stage directions - in this play, they show up inside [ brackets ], sometimes in the middle of your line. When that happens, I'd like you to treat before and after as two separate lines, leaving the usual 3-5 seconds of silence between them.

Here's an example. You'd say all from "First," to "not love me." Then leave 3 seconds, and pick up from "And third, because".
ALICE HEMINGWAY. [Judiciously.] First, because I did not love you. Second, because you did not love me. [She smiles at his protesting hand and at the protesting expression on his face.] And third, because ...
Thank you very much! I'll make sure to follow these instructions.
Robin Michele
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

stepheather wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:51 pm
Thanks, redrun! I think I like the hammed up narration.

Good catch on "clock" instead of "dock" at the beginning.

Only one note:
2:40--I hear "he sets down", text says "he lets down the chair suddenly," and I think that's correct. Can you re-record that line for me, please?
Ha, and that one was hard, too! I looked at it, and I said "That must be a typo, it's 'clock'," and then I must have read "dock" five or six times before I could get it right. :lol:

Corrected sets/lets, and the updated file is in. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. MW updated.

Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is the Narrator for "The Birthmark" -

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thebirthmark_narrator_london.mp3

London sure likes to give stage directions to his actors!

Take care,

Greg
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

GregGiordano wrote: December 7th, 2022, 7:07 pm Here is the Narrator for "The Birthmark" -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thebirthmark_narrator_london.mp3

London sure likes to give stage directions to his actors!
Thanks, Greg! Well read (and, wow, yes, so many different directions!), and that mic noise is gone too. :D

Just two quick things for you:
This one is play #7 of the collection, can you replace that 5?
I'll also need a voice credit for you as the narrator - you can tack that on at the end of the file, and I'll find the right spot to put it and the other credits while I'm editing. :D

Thanks again!