[RUSSIAN, GROUP, OPEN] Рассказы графа Л. Н. Толстого - rap

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: October 15th, 2022, 11:22 pm If you don't mind, please correct the ending:
we have "конец секции 37-ой", but I see now that it's better to hear "конец 37-ой секции". (Пилили-пилили шаблон, но всё равно остались косяки :roll: )
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rasskazy_37_tolstoy_128kb.mp3
same time.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Hello Anna, I would like to read a short text, section 3, Черепаха и орёл. Let's see how it goes!

Sandra
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

catharmaiden wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:57 pm Hello Anna, I would like to read a short text, section 3, Черепаха и орёл. Let's see how it goes!

Sandra
Hi Sandra! Welcome to this project :) Sec. 3 is yours. Have fun)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello, I would also like to try a short one, 7. Баба и курица. I hope I can manage alright...

Sonia
HannaPonomarenko

Kitty wrote: December 27th, 2022, 3:35 am hello, I would also like to try a short one, 7. Баба и курица. I hope I can manage alright...

Sonia
Hi Sonia! Sure, you'll do alright. Sec. 7 is yours.
Thank you :9:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:33 amHi Sonia! Sure, you'll do alright. Sec. 7 is yours.
here is my try:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rasskazy_07_tolstoy_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:05 min.

The text was not so difficult, but the LV intro was difficult to read :shock: I guess once I have said it as often as the English one it might become easier :lol:

I hope I didn't do too much wrong and it's understandable.

Sonia
HannaPonomarenko

Kitty wrote: December 27th, 2022, 8:21 am The text was not so difficult, but the LV intro was difficult to read :shock: I guess once I have said it as often as the English one it might become easier :lol:
I think I know the reason - there were no stresses in the into, right?) I totally agree, you'll get accostomed to it.
I hope I didn't do too much wrong and it's understandable.
Yes, it is mostly understandable, only some stresses should be corrected.

0:12 I hear запИси, there should be зАписи,
0:33 I hear бабА, there should be бАба,
0:40 I hear по Яйчку, there should be по яИчку.

Please add 0.3 sec of silence at the end.

It's a good try. Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: December 27th, 2022, 12:58 pm0:12 I hear запИси, there should be зАписи,
0:33 I hear бабА, there should be бАба,
0:40 I hear по Яйчку, there should be по яИчку.
oops...зАписи was an oversight, I should have known that.
бАба I actually stressed on the first syllable in the title, or did you mean somewhere else ? :hmm: I re-recorded the title to try to make it even more clear but the stress was correct in the first version.
яИчку I'm not sure I did right, I listened to it on google translate now to get what you meant, so I hope they were correct, I don't always trust google :lol:

Thank you for the detailed explanations. :)
:wink: well we are usually not THAT strict for a few milliseconds. But I added a few since I had to re-upload anyway. Usually I only mention the ending silence if it really under 4 seconds or over 6. It doesn't have to be "strict" 5 seconds.

Ok reuploaded, I hope I pass muster this time:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rasskazy_07_tolstoy_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:06 min.

Sonia
HannaPonomarenko

Kitty wrote: December 28th, 2022, 3:58 am
бАба I actually stressed on the first syllable in the title, or did you mean somewhere else ? :hmm: I re-recorded the title to try to make it even more clear but the stress was correct in the first version.
It sounds clear now :thumbs:
яИчку I'm not sure I did right, I listened to it on google translate now to get what you meant, so I hope they were correct, I don't always trust google :lol:
I use gramota.ru for this purpose. Please see if it works for you http://gramota.ru/slovari/dic/?word=яичко&all=x
:wink: well we are usually not THAT strict for a few milliseconds. But I added a few since I had to re-upload anyway. Usually I only mention the ending silence if it really under 4 seconds or over 6. It doesn't have to be "strict" 5 seconds.
Well, if some players eat up 5 last seconds, their listeners will hear a lack of sound - just "секци" instead of "секции". So I read ~5 sec as 5 or a bit more sec. The players are strict, not me, as far as I'm concerned. Should I write a post about this somewhere on Help&Advise thread?
Ok reuploaded, I hope I pass muster this time:
I sounds PL Ok now :clap:
Thank you :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I haven't had a player that cuts more than 3 seconds at the end, so I'm pretty slack when it comes to end silences. Have you used a player that cuts as much as 5 seconds? Just to know if I need to be more exact myself. Thanks!
HannaPonomarenko

Rapunzelina wrote: December 28th, 2022, 7:46 am I haven't had a player that cuts more than 3 seconds at the end, so I'm pretty slack when it comes to end silences. Have you used a player that cuts as much as 5 seconds? Just to know if I need to be more exact myself. Thanks!
No, I just read Todd's explanation somewhere on the forum.
HannaPonomarenko

So is phrase "~5 sec of silence" means "5±1 sec of silence"?
I'm just a engineer and am used to be accurate :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: December 28th, 2022, 8:39 am So is phrase "~5 sec of silence" means "5±1 sec of silence"?
I'm just a engineer and am used to be accurate :)
no to me it does mean "5 seconds" as the ideal measure, but it's hard to get 100% accurate sometimes. So I usually am not too strict to really count the milliseconds. Between 4.5 and 5.5, I wouldn't mind at all and not even mention it. When it gets further apart, I would probably say something like "careful with the end silence, you are nearer 6 seconds than 5, don't get higher" but wouldn't request re-uploading. If it's really more than 6 or less than 4 I would probably ask for a change.

And I also don't think that players cut off as much as 5 seconds from the end. We wanted to be on the safe side, that's why we ask 5.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hi again

I could try another short one for practice :) 10. Лягушка и лев

Sonia