Hi from Auckland, New Zealand

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AaronH

Post by AaronH »

Just a hi there from Auckland, in New Zealand. My name's Aaron - an engineer but enjoy reading fiction all the same ;)

I have a strong interest in Linux and Open Source so librivox quite appeals to me :)

Not sure if you have any readers from this part of the world (or whether the project is ready for a kiwi accent) but I'll give it a go soon. Just reading up the FAQs now.

Cheers,

Aaron
kri

Post by kri »

Hey, we love accents! It adds a diversity to our project which is great :)

If you're planning on recording, a poem or such would probably be a great place to start. Either that or an Aesop's Fable, those are quite short to give you the hang of it.

Welcome to Librivox :)
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Aaron!

Don't sweat the accent. We've got plenty of folks whose native tongue isn't even English. Actually having so many different voices in these projects really sets LibriVox apart, since it's the works themselves which are the stars here, not the readers.

Come on over to Readers Wanted: Short Works and pick out something to start off with. I'd particularly like to hear this week's poem read with a Kiwi accent!

It's great to have you here, Aaron - it's always good to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

a couple of aussies, so good to have a kiwi to balance things out. ;)