thanks,
aniroo :D
aniroo :wink:
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you!!
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Section 4 is ready for proof listening https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/handel_04_rolland_128kb.mp3
30:16.

Thank you.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

SEction #4 PL A-OK

really great reading and great editing. :thumbs: :clap:

Thanks,
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!
lkirk
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Section 5 is ready for proof listening https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/handel_05_rolland_128kb.mp3

24:52

Thank you.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 5 PL NOTES

very well read. :clap:

Not to worry, Just a technical glitch. The end silence is a little short. It should be 5 seconds but is only about 2 sec. Did you know that using Audacity , you can GENERATE SILENCE to precise lenghts? :D Just go to GENERATE on the top menu and select SILENCE.

Thanks,
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

That is very strange because I just went back and checked the original before it was downloaded to MP3 and there are exactly 5 seconds of silence at the end. I assume there is no problem if I just double that then to 10 seconds and the editor can cut off what is not needed.

Thank you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 4:20 amThat is very strange because I just went back and checked the original before it was downloaded to MP3 and there are exactly 5 seconds of silence at the end. I assume there is no problem if I just double that then to 10 seconds and the editor can cut off what is not needed.
actually you are the editor of your sections, so you need to hand in the final corrected result ;)

Are you sure it is 5 seconds in your Audacity ? I also downloaded the link to see for myself, and it's barely 1 second. You set your time-line bar at the top to show each second, then you will see exactly how many you have.

BTW I would not generate silence from the Audacity menu, it sounds quite uncanny if you hear perfect silence all of a sudden. What I do is copy one second at the end and then paste in 4 more seconds of room-silence that way.

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

OK, I won't add an extra amount of silence. Yes, it is exactly 5 seconds according to the time bar at the top. As I said, a mystery! Well, I will redo it and doublecheck the MP3 again before sending it off to be sure the silence is registering. Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 5:16 amYes, it is exactly 5 seconds according to the time bar at the top. As I said, a mystery! Well, I will redo it and doublecheck the MP3 again before sending it off to be sure the silence is registering.
please check if your file says it's 24:52 minutes long, both the audacity file and the finished mp3 file. If it is, then there is only 1 second at the end. If Audacity shows that you have 24:56 minutes, then at least that file had the correct 5 seconds. Then we need to find out why it is cutting off seconds at the end while converting into mp3 :hmm:

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Yes, I will. I might re-record a paragraph while I'm at it so the timing might be slightly different but I'll see. Thank you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 6:31 amYes, I will. I might re-record a paragraph while I'm at it so the timing might be slightly different but I'll see.
yes at least check whether the audacity length and the mp3 length match. Otherwise there is a problem in the conversion. The other sections didn't have this cutting off at the end surely, so it must be a recent problem. Did you make any updates of the program ? :hmm:

Oh and if you re-record a paragraph please mention the exact time stamps what is new, for the DPL to make an accurate Spot PL. Usually we don't encourage corrections to a file that has already been PLed and approved, so as not to make unnecessary added work for the DPL.

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

ok, I think things are all right now. I just posted the new link https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/handel_05_rolland_128kb.mp3

and the time is 24:57.

Thank you.
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

I just noticed your message now. The timing does seem to match. With regard to re-recording I just re-recorded the last two short paragraphs before the end of the section because I was not pleased with the tonal differentiations in several places where I had inserted a few corrected words and thought I would take the opportunity to make that a little better. I hope it won't be a problem for the proof listener. I should have mentioned the location in my previous message because I don't want to make it more difficult for her.
Thank you both.