COMPLETE A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

CaseyAllena wrote: September 27th, 2022, 3:14 pm
Shuwshan wrote: September 27th, 2022, 2:01 pm
CaseyAllena wrote: September 26th, 2022, 9:24 am

Thank you, Shuwshan! The volume sounds perfectly fine. Also, I didn't hear any mispronounced words (or at least not any mispronounced enough to be noticeable), so I went ahead and marked this as approved. If you still want to re-record those errors, though, just let me know and I can change that for you. :)
I'm relieved to hear the volume is fine. If I remember correctly, I didn't misprounounce the two words, I actually replaced them with different words (not sure why I said I misprounounced). I think one of them was attention, but I can't remember the other one.
Oh, haha, well all the same, everything sounded coherent to me. A 99% accuracy for these is ok, but again, if you do still want to re-record, you're definitely welcome to do so.
Great! I'll get my 2nd chapter done now.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Dick wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 11:05 am Will I ever Learn ?!
Chapter 43 is 13:47.
That's okay! Thanks!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
CaseyAllena

Post by CaseyAllena »

Dick wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:59 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_43_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Here's chapter 43. Duration 13:47

Dick
Thank you, Dick! Approved! :thumbs:
~ Casey
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." - C.S. Lewis
juliaviolin

Post by juliaviolin »

CaseyAllena wrote: September 26th, 2022, 9:15 am
juliaviolin wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:19 pm
HannahMary wrote: September 10th, 2022, 8:09 pm

Thank you, Julia! Could you also post the duration of that file so our DPL has a quick way to ensure that the LV uploader did not lose any of the file on its way through the system?
Hello! I reposted a revised version (I'd repeated a part accidentally):
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_57_macdonald_128kb.mp3

The duration is 10:14. :)

Thank you!
Julia
Thank you, Julia! Sorry for taking so long to respond to such a small fix. This is perfect now! :thumbs:
Wonderful! Thank you very much 😊
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Exciting to see the last chapter come in! Thanks, Shuwshan!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
CaseyAllena

Post by CaseyAllena »

Thanks, Shuwshan! This sounds great. Just one little thing: Checker is telling me the recording falls outside the recommended range (unfortunately, it doesn't specify for me if that means it's too loud or too low). Could you adjust that?
~ Casey
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." - C.S. Lewis
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CaseyAllena wrote: October 31st, 2022, 3:44 pm
Thanks, Shuwshan! This sounds great. Just one little thing: Checker is telling me the recording falls outside the recommended range (unfortunately, it doesn't specify for me if that means it's too loud or too low). Could you adjust that?
I ran this one through Checker, and the volume is currently at 81.1dB. If you could amplify by 8 dB, then the volume will be at our target of 89 dB.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CaseyAllena

Post by CaseyAllena »

icequeen wrote: October 31st, 2022, 3:53 pm
I ran this one through Checker, and the volume is currently at 81.1dB. If you could amplify by 8 dB, then the volume will be at our target of 89 dB.
Oh, Checker will be that specific? I need to educate myself apparently, haha! Thanks for checking that for us!
~ Casey
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

icequeen wrote: October 31st, 2022, 3:53 pm
I have no idea how to do that. Volume is the hardest thing for me to figure out. Can you point me to the best place to read about this? I've tried to read some stuff, but am confused.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

The easiest way, for me, to check my volume, is to download Checker. This is something that was developed for LV so that we can check the usual technical stuff, like volume, before we upload a file. I use it for every file that I upload, just to make sure that everything is where it needs to be. (I have found that Audacity will suddenly change things, like changing from mono to stereo without me doing a thing. Weird!) Then, to amplify your recording, you use Amplify in the Effects tab. Whatever Checker says is your volume, you take the difference from the 89 dB target, and amplify by that number. Your volume is 81.1 dB in your recording, so you would amplify by 8 dB.

Also, the latest version of Audacity has a way to make sure your volume is at the 89 dB mark, but I have not tried it yet. Phil Chenevert made a video about that, which you can see here. I have not tried this out yet, and you may have to experiment with it, but it looks interesting!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I don't remember the Checker being available around ten years ago when I last recorded. I think I read about it when I was trying to relearn stuff, but it was all a bit overwhelming at the time.
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

Here's Chapter 59 amplified. I checked it on the checker, so it should be good now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_59_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Shuwshan wrote: November 6th, 2022, 4:01 pm Here's Chapter 59 amplified. I checked it on the checker, so it should be good now.

Great! Thank you Shuwshan! Checker is so helpful, isn't it!
~ Hannah
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

HannahMary wrote: November 6th, 2022, 5:07 pm
Shuwshan wrote: November 6th, 2022, 4:01 pm Here's Chapter 59 amplified. I checked it on the checker, so it should be good now.

Great! Thank you Shuwshan! Checker is so helpful, isn't it!
It sure is! Amplifying was easy too. I'm not sure why I thought it was so hard before. Probably just information overload.