[COMPLETE][Indonesian][Adventure]Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, J. Verne - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Hi Sonia,
Kitty wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:57 am So right now there are no open sections anymore, but if you want to record more in Indonesian, there is the multilingual project viewtopic.php?f=60&t=94329 where you can choose your own text, a poem, or a story, just make sure the source is public domain. Best ask and give us the link to your text before you record, so we can check whether it's ok for LibriVox.
thanks for informing this :D
Kitty wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:57 amMaybe one section will get orphaned again, so stay bookmarked, you never know, one section may be free again one day ;)
gonna keep an eye on it 8-)

Hasta
raaddd

Post by raaddd »

Kitty wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:49 am
raaddd wrote: September 25th, 2022, 1:13 amFirst, I would like to apologise because I was having some issues in the last few months. I just had an opportunity to start the recording in the last few days.
that is ok, usually we give a deadline of 2 months for a claim, so you are still in advance on that :D
Kindly check my recording uploaded here - https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_31_verne_128kb.mp3
Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
I am thrilled that you recorded the section and your narration was very clear and well paced, it was so easy to follow along with the text. Seeing I don't understand the language at all, I am happy when people don't read too fast. :9: So everything well there, it's a pleasure to listen to. Nearly word-perfect too, wow.

I do have a few PL notes to correct for you. Nothing difficult, so you don't have to re-record from scratch !!! I mention this because some new readers think they need to re-record it all, please don't, it's too much work for both of us. Only Spot-correcting is needed. If you need help on how to spot-correct, please let me know.

Here are your notes:

> the volume (over 96 dB) is louder than our accepted range (86-92 db), please decrease the whole by -6

> the background noise would also benefit from round of noise cleaning. Do you use Audacity, and do you need a step-by-step on how to do this ?

> in the beginning we recommend between 0.5 and 1 second maximum of silence, yours is 3 seconds, please cut down to under 1

> at 0:03: "Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Satoe" - I only hear "Bab tiga satoe", is this the correct number ? :hmm:

> from 0:30 to 0:32: between "R. Moesa Sasradhimedja" and the title - over 2 seconds of silence is a bit long, I would cut down a bit here

> at 0:32: you forgot to repeat the chapter number here, please insert: "Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Satoe"

> from 2:38 to 2:40: between "termenoeng semalam" and "Phileas Fogg" - also here: cut the silence a bit

> at 7:30: missed part of the sentence (underlined): "...dari doea ratoes mijl. Djikalau angin tetap kentjangnja, boléh diharap sampai ditempat..."

> at 18:14: you forgot the outro, please add: "Akhir Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Satoe"

> at the end: we need a standard of 5 seconds of silence, you have over 6, please cut 1 second

Simply reupload with the exact same filename, then the old file gets automatically replaced by the new file. Oh and please always state the length of a file when you post the link, that way I can immediately update the Magic Window with all the details.

Thank you, and great first recording :clap:

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it a lot.

I have corrected my recording as per your suggestion. Please follow this link - https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_31_verne_128kb.mp3

Hopefully, it is up to LibriVox's standard this time (fingers crossed!).

Cheers!
Radityo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

raaddd wrote: October 6th, 2022, 4:48 pmI have corrected my recording as per your suggestion. Please follow this link - https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_31_verne_128kb.mp3

Hopefully, it is up to LibriVox's standard this time (fingers crossed!).
super, super, super, thank you so much. Excellent edits :thumbs: And yes, I can congratulate you on your first official PL ok section for Librivox. Hopefully many more to come.

For the moment this project is fully claimed, unless a section gets orphaned if a reader doesn't find the time anymore to record.

Lots of other projects available if you don't mind reading in English or in another language that you also may speak. For Indonesian, if you find a public domain text, you can participate in the multilingual project: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=94329 but before you record it's best to post the link to you source text there, so we can check whether it's really public domain for librivox.

Have fun in your future projects

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Hello! Here's my recording :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_27_verne_128kb.mp3
length 22:32
Whoever has faith in God, He will 'rightly' guide their hearts 'through adversity'. Quran 64:11
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: October 15th, 2022, 10:10 amHello! Here's my recording :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_27_verne_128kb.mp3length 22:32
Tara ! thank you for your next section. It was perfectly narrated again, I found not textual errors. :thumbs:

Only one question for the beginning of the intro:

> at the beginning: is this the correct number you say ? I don't think that I hear "bab jang kedoea poeloeh toedjoeh" completely...I do hear it later when the chapter starts, but not at the very beginning, could you check again please ? maybe there was a glitch in the audio, I think you are missing the first two syllables (jang ked...)

And the only other thing you need to adjust still is the lengthy pauses you sometimes make. Everything that goes on for over 2 seconds feels really long for a listener. I would suggest that up to 1.5 seconds is fully enough even for a paragraph break.

Here are the long pauses, that I would definitely trim quite a bit. I suggest starting with the last note, that way the time stamps stay the same for you when you cut the pause.

> from 5:21 to 5:26: between "maka dialanginjalah kehendak pemerintah" and "Seperti ditjeriterakan dalam keréta"
> from 5:43 to 5:46: between "dari zaman poerbakala" and "Maka ditjeriterakanlah"
> from 6:49 to 6:53: between "kitab-kitab soetji itoe" and "Sementara toean pendéta"
> from 8:30 to 8:32: between "soenglap dari Masir" and "Maka sebab tjeritera"
> from 9:37 to 9:39: between "riboe djiwa" and "tetapi achirnja"
> from 9:49 to 9:51: between "soeka pada agamanja" and "Tatkala tjerita pendéta"
> from 10:57 to 11:00: between "orang jang bertopéng" and "ketika itoe dalam wagon"
> from 11:52 to 11:56: between "ditepi danau itoe" and "Maka kata William Hitch"
> from 13:17 to 13:20: between "banjak isteri itoe" and "Sementara orang berkoempoel"
> from 13:51 to 13:54: between "Amerika soengai Jordaan" and Maka soenggoeh éloklah"
> from 14:58 to 15:00: between "djoesta belaka" and "Kiri kanan danau itoe"

> at the end: you have 11 seconds of silence, please cut down to our standard 5 seconds

thanks

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

thanks for the reviews, here's the repaired recording :)
length 20:26
Whoever has faith in God, He will 'rightly' guide their hearts 'through adversity'. Quran 64:11
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:27 amthanks for the reviews, here's the repaired recording :)
:hmm: bizarre, this file is 2 full minutes shorter than the previous one. Only with cutting the few silences I mentioned, you should never have got so much less... did you change anything else, or even re-recorded ? :shock: Well, to be on the safe side, I had to re-listen from the beginning. If ever you change anything else than my notes, you need to give me the exact time-stamps, so I can Spot check, it will save a lot of time with long sections like these.

It's ok for now, I relistened to it all and it's PL ok. The silences are much shorter and better now, thank you.

Have a good Sunday still

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow we are nearing the end of the project, only one section left to be recorded.

Can I ask all you native speakers of Indonesian, to have a look at the summary in the first post. It's from wikipedia, and we do not really accept a word by word copy from wikipedia. Would it be possible for one of you to give me a few sentences of original creation that summarize this book ? It doesn't have to be much, no spoilers, just one or two sentences will be enough.

Thank you

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Kitty wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 3:23 am wow we are nearing the end of the project, only one section left to be recorded.

Can I ask all you native speakers of Indonesian, to have a look at the summary in the first post. It's from wikipedia, and we do not really accept a word by word copy from wikipedia. Would it be possible for one of you to give me a few sentences of original creation that summarize this book ? It doesn't have to be much, no spoilers, just one or two sentences will be enough.

Thank you

Sonia
does it mean, we need to make a summarize by ourselves?
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Kitty wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 3:17 am
tarabatubara wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:27 amthanks for the reviews, here's the repaired recording :)
:hmm: bizarre, this file is 2 full minutes shorter than the previous one. Only with cutting the few silences I mentioned, you should never have got so much less... did you change anything else, or even re-recorded ? :shock: Well, to be on the safe side, I had to re-listen from the beginning. If ever you change anything else than my notes, you need to give me the exact time-stamps, so I can Spot check, it will save a lot of time with long sections like these.

It's ok for now, I relistened to it all and it's PL ok. The silences are much shorter and better now, thank you.

Have a good Sunday still

Sonia
Thank you very much for your patience
I apologize many times I didn't do exactly as you mentioned as reviews
I actually regretted my lack of conscientiousness and obedience, do things casually without thinking about you
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 8:53 amdoes it mean, we need to make a summarize by ourselves?
yes well, usually the book coordinator should do the summary, but since this is an abandoned project, I took over as book coordinator, and unfortunately I don't speak the language. So I am asking for help from one of you, that you could maybe give me two or three sentences about the book. They can be paraphrased from wikipedia, but it should not be an exact copy/paste.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:00 amI apologize many times I didn't do exactly as you mentioned as reviews
I actually regretted my lack of conscientiousness and obedience, do things casually without thinking about you
don't worry about it too much. Many new volunteers don't realize that the prooflistening part needs to be done each time something small (like cutting silences) is edited. So whenever you change anything in your file, it's best to give the exact time-stamp, then the DPL can make a spot PL instead of a full new listening from the start.

It's done now, so don't worry anymore. I only mentioned it for next time then. :)

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

okay thank you so much for everything, you make my experience of recording is awesome here :9:
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Kitty wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:03 am
tarabatubara wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 8:53 amdoes it mean, we need to make a summarize by ourselves?
yes well, usually the book coordinator should do the summary, but since this is an abandoned project, I took over as book coordinator, and unfortunately I don't speak the language. So I am asking for help from one of you, that you could maybe give me two or three sentences about the book. They can be paraphrased from wikipedia, but it should not be an exact copy/paste.

Thank you

Sonia
Hi dear, am trying to make a short summary of the book

Mengelilingi Doenia dalam 80 Hari mengisahkan seorang pria berkebangsaan Inggris bernama Phileas Fogg bertaruh uang sebesar £20.000 dengan teman-temannya di Reform Club. Pertaruhan ini adalah sebuah tantangan untuk mengelilingi dunia hanya dalam tempo 80 hari. Bersama pelayan barunya, Jean Passepartout, mereka mencoba mengelilingi dunia dalam waktu yang telah ditentukan. (Circling the World in 80 Days tells the story of an Englishman named Phileas Fogg betting £20,000 with his friends at the Reform Club. This gamble is a challenge to circumnavigate the globe in just 80 days. Together with his new maid, Jean Passepartout, they try to circumnavigate the world in a predetermined time.)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: October 29th, 2022, 4:58 amHi dear, am trying to make a short summary of the book

Mengelilingi Doenia dalam 80 Hari mengisahkan seorang pria berkebangsaan Inggris bernama Phileas Fogg bertaruh uang sebesar £20.000 dengan teman-temannya di Reform Club. Pertaruhan ini adalah sebuah tantangan untuk mengelilingi dunia hanya dalam tempo 80 hari. Bersama pelayan barunya, Jean Passepartout, mereka mencoba mengelilingi dunia dalam waktu yang telah ditentukan. (Circling the World in 80 Days tells the story of an Englishman named Phileas Fogg betting £20,000 with his friends at the Reform Club. This gamble is a challenge to circumnavigate the globe in just 80 days. Together with his new maid, Jean Passepartout, they try to circumnavigate the world in a predetermined time.)
oh thank you so much for this help :9: Yes I will use that one, it's enough to say what the text is about without giving any spoilers to the end ;)

I'm only correcting the English a little bit, Passepartout is a man, not a maid. I hope in Indonesian the words means "man-servant", if not we have to correct it.

Sonia