COMPLETE: The Critique of Practical Reason by Kant - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

eric_m_allen wrote:Done recording! Yay! :P This was a bit of a slog.
Time to review and punch in.
Eric,

Kant apparently does not feel that the categorical imperative applies to grammatical style :wink:

Thanks for reading,

TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Thanks, d.e.!

I guess with this new system, I need file lengths for the MW.

A little off-topic:

What are your thoughts on the two Schopenhauer translators at Gutenberg? Any other PD translations available?

Many thanks, TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
d.e.wittkower

Post by d.e.wittkower »

12: 12'54
13: 18'12

No particular thoughts on the two translators. Both edited and rearranged material from Schopenhauer's Parerga and Paralipomena, which was not translated in its entirety until post-23. I know Saunders is quite willing to cut and paste things thematically, ignoring to some extent Schopenhauer's own organization. I think they're the only PD translators for material from the Parerga, but there's also the Haldane/Kemp translation of The World as Will and Idea, and Hillebrand's translation of "On the Fourfold Root" and "On the Will in Nature. Hm. And I just found Bullock's translation of "On the Basis of Morality"
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Thanks again, Professor :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I've added HeartofTexas as DPL.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Gesine wrote:I've added HeartofTexas as DPL.
Thanks, Gesine :D
Cicorée

Post by Cicorée »

I am so sorry I am taking so long for sections 5 and 6. I will try to get around to them this weekend!

Thanks

Joanna
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Cicorée wrote:I am so sorry I am taking so long for sections 5 and 6. I will try to get around to them this weekend!

Thanks

Joanna
Please don't apologize...you are vary far from being alone :D

Thanks, TTM
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Caeristhiona is going to be away for a while, so I'll be the new MC for this project until further notice.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

LeonMire wrote:Caeristhiona is going to be away for a while, so I'll be the new MC for this project until further notice.
Thanks, Leon..

I started this project at Caet's request, so you are welcome to take over the BCing as well. Thanks, TTM
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Ticktockman wrote: Thanks, Leon..

I started this project at Caet's request, so you are welcome to take over the BCing as well. Thanks, TTM
I can. Do you want me to?
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Leon,

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate you taking this over.

Many thanks,
TTM
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Ticktockman wrote:Leon,

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate you taking this over.

Many thanks,
TTM
No, I don't mind at all. Just wanted to make sure.
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Thanks again, Leon!