[Fixed]The Ear In The Wall by Arthur B Reeve

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
zachh

Post by zachh »

I was listening to this book today in the workshop and noticed that Chapter 16 was repeated. On further investigation it seems that the whole audio file for Chapter 16 is repeated. If you go to about 13:40 in that file the second intro can be heard. The reader does a very nice job with the book, and I think the doubling must have been a typo in the cataloging process, or something like that. I think it might be fairly simple to remove the second half of that chapter's file, but I don't know how hard it is to change that kind of thing after cataloging.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll have a look at this - I am expecting I will need to do some listening to work out the cause. I don't think it's either of those. According to the thread a couple of files were swapped so I'll need to check them both
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I listened to the project for pleasure (the 128kb files) a few days ago, and didn't hear this repetition.

Which file format are you using?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Errr - now that I check the cataloged file, I do hear it! :shock: Very strange!

I'll work on this.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I'm sorry, I don't know what format it is. I got it by clicking the green Download button on the catalog page, and then put it on my little mp3 player that I can plug into earmuffs and wear in the workshop.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No worries. I confirmed it on the 128kb file, and the duration given in the project thread / MW was the doubled amount. So yeah, it just wasn't caught!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK now, thanks for letting us know :D

Anne