COMPLETE: The Golden Windmill and other stories by Stacy Aumonier -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Many thanks Chris!
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

The Bent Tree's now up for PL.

Three weeks of packing till we move, if all goes well, and I'm determined to finish the book before then.
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

MichaelMaggs wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 5:17 am The Bent Tree's now up for PL.
Three weeks of packing till we move, if all goes well, and I'm determined to finish the book before then.
PLOK :thumbs:
And with that, he mounted his bicycle and free-wheeled down the hill to Foodland!
Cheers, Chris
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Phew, managed the final story just in time to pack up microphone and kit ready for our move. I'll add a project description shortly, in readiness for cataloguing.

Although the author of The Great Unimpressionable doesn't say, I'm pretty sure that Toffee the Irish Terrier must be a pretty shaggy specimen.
Last edited by MichaelMaggs on September 17th, 2022, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

MichaelMaggs wrote: September 16th, 2022, 11:18 am Although the author of The Great Unimpressionable doesn't say, I'm pretty sure that Toffee the Irish Terrier most be a pretty shaggy specimen.
Hello Michael; even more peculiar that (page 236) Toffee's absence, failure to greet Ned on his return, seems to have escaped both Ned's and Aumonier's notice.
Sadly, I thought, because such a blatant error does not prevent me from reporting this Reading as

PLOK :thumbs:

so, onwards and ever upwards, or as in your case, sideways to wherever you are moving.

Best wishes; but you already know that.
Cheers, Chris
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

ChrisGreaves wrote: September 17th, 2022, 1:50 am so, onwards and ever upwards, or as in your case, sideways to wherever you are moving.
Thanks once again for your dedicated proof listening work, Chris. It's been a pleasure working with you on this collection, and I'm sure there will be more for us to do just as soon as I've settled into our new place and managed to set up a recording space :mrgreen:. Let me know if you want to take up my DPL offer at some point.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Michael. Goog luck with your move, but before you go...please provide a summary and keywords so I can catalog this project. :)
Jo
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 17th, 2022, 7:56 am Hi Michael. Goog luck with your move, but before you go...please provide a summary and keywords so I can catalog this project. :)
Just in the process of doing so :D.

Summary: In this 1921 collection of short stories, many dealing with the experiences of ordinary people during the Great War, the master English storyteller Stacy Aumonier explores themes ranging from the humorous to the poignant. (Summary by Michael Maggs)

Genres for the project: Short Stories/Single Author Collections

Keywords that describe the book: Golden Windmill, Source Irritation, Brothers, Old Iron, White Frock, Good Action, Them Others, Bent Tree, Great Unimpressionable

Thanks for MCing this for me, it's very much appreciated.
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

MichaelMaggs wrote: September 17th, 2022, 8:02 am... the experiences of ordinary people during the Great War, ...
Also very ordinary people getting to work with Michael Maggs.
Two periods of our times that changed some people forever!
Thanks for the opportunity, Michael.
Cheers, Chris
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Michael on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-golden-windmill-and-other-stories-by-stacy-aumonier-2/
Jo