Thanks! Hope this got it right......
Smile, Breathe and Go Slowly :)
Richard Vogel
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

HannahMary wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:45 pm
Shuwshan wrote: July 24th, 2022, 2:10 pm
HannahMary wrote: July 5th, 2022, 9:35 am

Welcome back to LibriVox! I have reserved chapter 64 for you.
I can't get my old Logitech microphone to work. The power button does not turn on, so I guess it's dead. Ugh! Should have been a simple recording, but now I have to get a new microphone I guess. Was hoping to avoid that. I guess I'm going to be slower than I thought.
No worries. There is still time! But that's no fun to find a dead mic...
I was able to get a new microphone, but I may need a week or two to actually get this recording done, as I've had some things pop up in the meantime. Thank goodness I picked a short chapter. Hopefully that's okay.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Dick wrote: August 24th, 2022, 10:57 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_49_macdonald_128kb.mp3

check bit rate
Thanks! I have marked this ready for our DPL to spot-check.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Shuwshan wrote: August 29th, 2022, 4:29 am
HannahMary wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:45 pm
Shuwshan wrote: July 24th, 2022, 2:10 pm

I can't get my old Logitech microphone to work. The power button does not turn on, so I guess it's dead. Ugh! Should have been a simple recording, but now I have to get a new microphone I guess. Was hoping to avoid that. I guess I'm going to be slower than I thought.
No worries. There is still time! But that's no fun to find a dead mic...
I was able to get a new microphone, but I may need a week or two to actually get this recording done, as I've had some things pop up in the meantime. Thank goodness I picked a short chapter. Hopefully that's okay.
Great! Yes, I have extended your claim for a couple weeks from now.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
CaseyAllena

Post by CaseyAllena »

Dick wrote: August 24th, 2022, 10:57 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_49_macdonald_128kb.mp3

check bit rate
Sorry for the long wait...This is all good now! Thanks, Dick :thumbs:
~ Casey
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." - C.S. Lewis
CircularReason

Post by CircularReason »

CaseyAllena wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 8:44 pm
Thank you so much, Keith! This is *almost* perfect...The only issue is those last ten seconds you re-recorded now have a ton of background noise. Could you try reducing the background noise in that section? Or if you can't get that to work, maybe try re-recording those few seconds in a quieter environment?
Thank you Casey Allena! I did see that background noise issue you noticed, and re-recorded at home (rather than the office, which has an echo apparently.) Let me know how it sounds!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_56_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

CircularReason wrote: September 1st, 2022, 2:01 pm
Thank you so much, Keith! This is *almost* perfect...The only issue is those last ten seconds you re-recorded now have a ton of background noise. Could you try reducing the background noise in that section? Or if you can't get that to work, maybe try re-recording those few seconds in a quieter environment?
Thank you Casey Allena! I did see that background noise issue you noticed, and re-recorded at home (rather than the office, which has an echo apparently.) Let me know how it sounds!

Do you have a new duration for this file, Keith?
~ Hannah
CircularReason

Post by CircularReason »

15:03

Is that what you mean?
Sorry if I'm not following.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

CircularReason wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 9:17 pm 15:03

Is that what you mean?
Sorry if I'm not following.
Perfect, thanks! Whenever we change parts of our recordings it is likely the duration also changes. And in case it helps to know, there are a couple of reasons we need to keep those up to date -- both for including in cataloging the complete book, and to provide an easy way for our DPL to double check that the LV uploader did not cut off any of the file.
~ Hannah
CaseyAllena

Post by CaseyAllena »

CircularReason wrote: September 1st, 2022, 2:01 pm

Hey, Keith, so sorry for the long wait. I somehow missed that you uploaded this. It all sounds perfect now. Thank you!
~ Casey
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." - C.S. Lewis
juliaviolin

Post by juliaviolin »

HannahMary wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:25 pm
juliaviolin wrote: July 6th, 2022, 11:44 pm Hello! May I please claim section 57: Ann Shotover?
Julia
Yes, and welcome, Julia!
Thank you so much, Hannah! Here is my recording of section 57.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roughshaking_57_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

juliaviolin wrote: September 10th, 2022, 6:21 pm Thank you so much, Hannah! Here is my recording of section 57.
Thank you, Julia! Could you also post the duration of that file so our DPL has a quick way to ensure that the LV uploader did not lose any of the file on its way through the system?
~ Hannah
Dick

Post by Dick »

If it comes down to reassigning any readings and you're looking for help, I'm on board until the project is done.
If you have someone else on deck that's okay, too.
Dick
Smile, Breathe and Go Slowly :)
Richard Vogel
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Dick wrote: September 13th, 2022, 5:31 pm If it comes down to reassigning any readings and you're looking for help, I'm on board until the project is done.
If you have someone else on deck that's okay, too.
Dick
Thanks Dick, good to know! It is on my list to make a final check with readers of overdue chapters before opening them up. And I will remember to check with you if needed.
~ Hannah
CaseyAllena

Post by CaseyAllena »

juliaviolin wrote: September 10th, 2022, 6:21 pm
HannahMary wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:25 pm
juliaviolin wrote: July 6th, 2022, 11:44 pm Hello! May I please claim section 57: Ann Shotover?
Julia
Yes, and welcome, Julia!
Thank you so much, Hannah! Here is my recording of section 57.
This sounds great, Julia! Just one thing...You've accidentally said "For more information or to volunteer..." twice in the intro. Could you cut that extra bit out?
~ Casey