COMPLETE A Dweller on Two Planets by Oliver - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I think section 15 is ready for a spot PL as soon as it gets to the MW.

Thanks,
anrioo :D
aniroo :wink:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

aniroo wrote: August 20th, 2022, 7:06 am I think section 15 is ready for a spot PL as soon as it gets to the MW.

Thanks,
anrioo :D
thank you so much!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 15 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks for the quick fix.
aniroo :D
JulesKEntertain

Post by JulesKEntertain »

brownrottger wrote: August 1st, 2022, 6:05 am
JulesKEntertain wrote: July 31st, 2022, 9:10 pm
brownrottger wrote: July 31st, 2022, 3:26 am
No worries. You always have 2 months from the date of claim to submit your chapter. Even then, you can ask for an extension. Here is the link to page 181 in the Library of Congress record that you can read from. https://www.loc.gov/resource/gdcmassbookdig.dwellerontwoplan00oli/?sp=195&st=single&r=-1.121,0.056,3.242,1.51,0

Thanks!
Christine
Ok. Thank you. Is it ok to read the full text from that link, or only page 181?
You can read the full text from that link if it makes it easier for you.
Christine
I finally got to record it! Now I just have to do some edits as far as clipping. For the first readthrough project, there were a ton of takes, but going through some of them, I was able to keep the same energy to where you can't tell. I'm so excited and should have it done by Wednesday!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

JulesKEntertain wrote: August 24th, 2022, 5:35 pm
brownrottger wrote: August 1st, 2022, 6:05 am
JulesKEntertain wrote: July 31st, 2022, 9:10 pm
Ok. Thank you. Is it ok to read the full text from that link, or only page 181?
You can read the full text from that link if it makes it easier for you.
Christine
I finally got to record it! Now I just have to do some edits as far as clipping. For the first readthrough project, there were a ton of takes, but going through some of them, I was able to keep the same energy to where you can't tell. I'm so excited and should have it done by Wednesday!
Yay!! A quick suggestion. Proof listen with the text before you upload so you can catch all the edits you need to make with "today's" voice. Edits will then be more seamless. I am rooting you on!
Christine
JulesKEntertain

Finished recording and uploading section 19 (11:21) for review. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_19_juleskentertain_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

JulesKEntertain wrote: August 25th, 2022, 7:13 am Finished recording and uploading section 19 (11:21) for review. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_19_juleskentertain_128kb.mp3
Thank you for this! Just preliminary to submission for prooflistening, we need you to correct the file name so it is in accordance with the protocol on page one of this thread. So just export it again and change the filename (possibly just need to take your Librivox handle out of it) and then reupload and repost. We will await this with anticipation!
Christine
JulesKEntertain

brownrottger wrote: August 25th, 2022, 10:22 am
JulesKEntertain wrote: August 25th, 2022, 7:13 am Finished recording and uploading section 19 (11:21) for review. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Thank you for this! Just preliminary to submission for prooflistening, we need you to correct the file name so it is in accordance with the protocol on page one of this thread. So just export it again and change the filename (possibly just need to take your Librivox handle out of it) and then reupload and repost. We will await this with anticipation!
Christine
Oh! Hahaa! I saw Oliver and forgot that was part of the Author’s name! I thought I was supposed to replace it with mine. Will do that in the next 2 hours.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

JulesKEntertain wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:36 pm
brownrottger wrote: August 25th, 2022, 10:22 am

Christine
Oh! Hahaa! I saw Oliver and forgot that was part of the Author’s name! I thought I was supposed to replace it with mine. Will do that in the next 2 hours.
Thanks for you diligence!
JulesKEntertain

Ok. Here is the reupload of section 19 (11:21). Once again, thank you in advance for any feedback. I'm very excited for my first Audiobook reading, but want to make sure I improve if possible.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_19_oliver_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

JulesKEntertain wrote: August 25th, 2022, 2:41 pm Ok. Here is the reupload of section 19 (11:21). Once again, thank you in advance for any feedback. I'm very excited for my first Audiobook reading, but want to make sure I improve if possible.
Thanks! With great interest like yours; you will improve and feel more comfortable and confident with each recording. I have done over 300 chapters so far in little more than a year. Its a blast because there is always more to learn and discover! Section 19 is now in line for prooflistening (PL) by our wonderful dedicated proof listener (DPL)aniroo.
Best,
Christine
JulesKEntertain

brownrottger wrote: August 25th, 2022, 3:23 pm
JulesKEntertain wrote: August 25th, 2022, 2:41 pm Ok. Here is the reupload of section 19 (11:21). Once again, thank you in advance for any feedback. I'm very excited for my first Audiobook reading, but want to make sure I improve if possible.
Thanks! With great interest like yours; you will improve and feel more comfortable and confident with each recording. I have done over 300 chapters so far in little more than a year. Its a blast because there is always more to learn and discover! Section 19 is now in line for prooflistening (PL) by our wonderful dedicated proof listener (DPL)aniroo.
Best,
Christine
That's a lot of projects. Congratulations! Thank you!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #19 PL notes:

first of all, it was a delight to listen to and the female voice was wonderful. Bravo! :clap: :clap:

My only note is a technical one. The silence at the beginning of the file is supposed to be .5-1 second and the silence at the end is supposed to be 5 seconds. Get those fixed and upload the edited file and we'll be good.

Thanks, :D
aniroo
JulesKEntertain

Alright. Here is the PL Feedback upload/final draft of section 19 (11:22)

JulesKEntertain

aniroo wrote: August 26th, 2022, 7:51 am Section #19 PL notes:

first of all, it was a delight to listen to and the female voice was wonderful. Bravo! :clap: :clap:

My only note is a technical one. The silence at the beginning of the file is supposed to be .5-1 second and the silence at the end is supposed to be 5 seconds. Get those fixed and upload the edited file and we'll be good.

Thanks, :D
aniroo
Thank you! Uploaded. And yes, I think that's my favorite part as well. Lol.