[COMPLETE]Canada in War-Paint, by Ralph W. Bell - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Canada in War-Paint, by Ralph W. Bell ( - 1918)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/canada-in-war-paint-by-ralph-w-bell/
There is no attempt made in the little sketches which this book contains to deal historically with events of the war. It is but a small Souvenir de la guerre—a series of vignettes of things as they struck me at the time, and later. I have written of types, not of individuals, and less of action than of rest. The horror of war at its worst is fit subject for a master hand alone. (Summary by the author, Capt. Ralph W. Bell)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/68654

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Canada in War-Paint. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Canada in War-Paint, by Ralph W. Bell. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Canada in War-Paint, by Ralph W. Bell."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: canadainwarpaint_##_bell_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. canadainwarpaint_01_bell_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Krista
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

This looks fun!

May I grab the first five sections?
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pcolyar

Post by Pcolyar »

Hi, I'm just starting out so could I snag one of the shorter sections?
Thanks,
Parker
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

I'll volunteer to DPL.
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: August 4th, 2022, 10:38 pm I'll volunteer to DPL.
Thank you! Hopefully an MC will come by soon.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

JHedrick wrote: August 4th, 2022, 4:02 pm This looks fun!

May I grab the first five sections?
Sure. Once we have an MC, I'll register those claims.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Pcolyar wrote: August 4th, 2022, 4:52 pm Hi, I'm just starting out so could I snag one of the shorter sections?
Thanks,
Parker
Welcome aboard. Once we have an MC I'll do word counts and let you know what looks good.

In the meantime, a couple of things.
Before you start recording, please go to the 1-minute test forum viewforum.php?f=21 and post a test. This is not an audition, but a chance to ensure all of your technical settings are correct before you start recording. If you post here with a link to your test, I'll pop over and listen to it ASAP.

ALso, how would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like.
Krista
Pcolyar

Post by Pcolyar »

kristakz wrote: August 5th, 2022, 6:00 am
Pcolyar wrote: August 4th, 2022, 4:52 pm Hi, I'm just starting out so could I snag one of the shorter sections?
Thanks,
Parker
Welcome aboard. Once we have an MC I'll do word counts and let you know what looks good.

Before you start recording, please go to the 1-minute test forum viewforum.php?f=21 and post a test. This is not an audition, but a chance to ensure all of your technical settings are correct before you start recording. If you post here with a link to your test, I'll pop over and listen to it ASAP.

ALso, how would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like.
You can just list me as Parker Colyar in the catalog. Here is the link to my test: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=93999
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Pcolyar wrote: August 5th, 2022, 8:30 pm
Thanks,
Parker

You can just list me as Parker Colyar in the catalog. Here is the link to my test: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=93999
Got it.

The shortest section looks like section 6 "Our Farm" (about 750 words), so I'll hold that one for you if you like. It's not the happiest of topics, so if you prefer something different, "Minnie & Family" is about 850 words.
Krista
Pcolyar

Post by Pcolyar »

kristakz wrote: August 5th, 2022, 9:14 pm
Pcolyar wrote: August 5th, 2022, 8:30 pm

Got it.

The shortest section looks like section 6 "Our Farm" (about 750 words), so I'll hold that one for you if you like. It's not the happiest of topics, so if you prefer something different, "Minnie & Family" is about 850 words.
Our farm works great for me. Thank you so much
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up.

Sorry it took so long. I was expecting others to pick it up at any time, but no one did. :?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

TriciaG wrote: August 6th, 2022, 6:41 am This is set up.

Sorry it took so long. I was expecting others to pick it up at any time, but no one did. :?
Thank you very much! I was beginning to wonder...

But, I don't seem to have access to the MW. And while you're fixing that, Beeswaxcandle has volunteered to DPL :)
Krista
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Gah! I used to be on the ball. I can no longer say I'm detail-oriented - or at least, that I catch that stuff. :roll:

Beeswax is in as DPL, you're in as BC, and I'm in as MC :P
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

TriciaG wrote: August 6th, 2022, 9:02 am Gah! I used to be on the ball. I can no longer say I'm detail-oriented - or at least, that I catch that stuff. :roll:

Beeswax is in as DPL, you're in as BC, and I'm in as MC :P
Excellent, thank you! :) MW filled out, initial assignments made, I think we're ready for "Readers Wanted" (short stories)
Krista
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Duly moved. :)