EDITING [DR] Where There's a Will by Mary Roberts Rinehart - dlo

Plays and other dramatic works
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Where There's a Will, by Mary Roberts Rinehart (1876 - 1958)

Volunteers outside the USA: Mary Roberts Rinehart died in 1958. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Minnie Waters has been running the Hope Spring health resort for many years with her father, Doctor Waters, when he suddenly passes away. The ownership of Hope Springs hangs in the balance when the will states the Doctor’s good-for-nothing grandson will inherit the resort but unfortunately, he is nowhere to be found. Minnie must try to save the spa with the help of family, friends, and actors while adhering to the strict demands of the will. While this book is not a typical Mary Roberts Rinehart mystery story, it is full of comedy, shenanigans, intrigue, and deception that is sure to keep readers entertained and wondering what will happen next! (Summary by Jenn Broda)
Source text (please DPL only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/330
Link to Scritps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p90CgO0kFfpOQ-mfC9ViETm9LOnfjq6z?usp=sharing
Character List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17-stvTKlYx5HSctXdtPz3ALZ4VjbtGqDB-OCxibsM4g/edit?usp=sharing

All roles are gender neutral. No multiple claims at this time please.

Narrator/Editor: jennlea
Parts DPL: jennlea
Final Chapter DPL: wib66

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming roles: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you would like to record.
Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Dramatic Readings; Humorous Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Mystery, cozy mystery, humorous mystery

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

For individual roles:
Submit one file per act. At the beginning of the first file, say:
"Character, read by your name."
Leave 3-5 seconds of space between your lines (room noise, not generated silence).

For narration/stage directions:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of Where There's a Will, by Mary Roberts Rinehart. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Chapter # and title "
At the end of each file say:
"End of Chapter #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Where There's a Will, by Mary Roberts Rinehart."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename:
For individual roles: wheretheresawill_role_##.mp3 where ## is the chapter number. (e.g. wheretheresawill_romeo_01.mp3)
For final files: wheretheresawill_##_rinehart_128kb.mp3 where ## is the chapter number. (e.g. wheretheresawill_01_rinehart_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: dlolso21

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by jennlea on June 24th, 2023, 8:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I am going to be narrating/editing for this DR as well as PLing the parts. Michele(wib66) has volunteered to PL the finished chapters

I have created a “Character List” document that includes a brief description of all of the characters and the amount of chapters they appear in along with the readers who have claimed each part. I am accepting any early claims that come in before the MW is set up. Claims for multiple parts are not being accepted at this time.

The list of characters can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17-stvTKlYx5HSctXdtPz3ALZ4VjbtGqDB-OCxibsM4g/edit?usp=sharing

Scripts can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p90CgO0kFfpOQ-mfC9ViETm9LOnfjq6z?usp=sharing
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

oh, fun! Could Scott (SCaulkins) and I do Mr. and Mrs. Biggs?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

LCaulkins wrote: June 10th, 2022, 6:04 pm oh, fun! Could Scott (SCaulkins) and I do Mr. and Mrs. Biggs?
Absolutely! Thank you :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, so glad you are doing one of Rinehart's books! Such classics.
Wish I could take a larger role, but I'd be glad to play Dr. Waters.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

silverquill wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:52 pm Ah, so glad you are doing one of Rinehart's books! Such classics.
Wish I could take a larger role, but I'd be glad to play Dr. Waters.
Thank you, Larry! That would be perfect :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Can I read Tillie?
Krista
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

kristakz wrote: June 11th, 2022, 12:56 pm Can I read Tillie?
She’s yours! Thank you!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Jenna,

I can MC this for you.

David O
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

dlolso21 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 2:46 am Jenna,

I can MC this for you.

David O
Wonderful! Thank you! I’ll get the MW sorted out later today :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Got a start on the MW but finishing it will need to wait till this evening.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Alrighty! I believe I have the MW all sorted out and we should be ready to move over to Dramatic Works :clap:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
MolehillMtn

Post by MolehillMtn »

May I claim Julia Summers?
Didn’t know it was my dream to have a DR dog, but here we are and yes it is…
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Moving to Dramatic Works.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

MolehillMtn wrote: June 16th, 2022, 12:17 am May I claim Julia Summers?
Didn’t know it was my dream to have a DR dog, but here we are and yes it is…
Haha, absolutely! Thank you!!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings