COMPLETE A Dweller on Two Planets by Oliver - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Todd, Section 00. Ready for spot PL. Thanks for your close listening!
Christine
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Now PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

may i step in with secs. 9 and 10?
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

pmchaffie wrote: June 13th, 2022, 9:32 am may i step in with secs. 9 and 10?
Yes, please! Welcome to the project!
Christine
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

thanks. looks fun. I'll listen to a few of the other readers to get a sense for how it is unfolding.
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
Fezmo

Post by Fezmo »

Hello. As this is my first recording for LibriVox, may I submit a sample to you, Christine, for you to cast an ear over? Mainly to let me know if the level of background noise etc is acceptable.

Thanks!

Jon
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Fezmo wrote: June 13th, 2022, 8:51 pm Hello. As this is my first recording for LibriVox, may I submit a sample to you, Christine, for you to cast an ear over? Mainly to let me know if the level of background noise etc is acceptable.

Thanks!

Jon

As long as you did the 1 minute test and got the ok, it will be great! Here's the link to the thread to post your one minute recording for the spec experts to check. After you get that ok. I encourage you to go ahead and record and pre -edit the section.
Thanks!
Christine
Fezmo

Post by Fezmo »

Hello can I claim Section 12, please? I have completed and uploaded section 2 (https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/a_dweller_on_two_planets_chapter_2_mp3.mp3)

Thanks

Jon
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Really need to have the file name in the format shown in the first project posting.
dwellerontwoplanets_##_oliver_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. dwellerontwoplanets_01_oliver_128kb.mp3)
Has to match all the other sections or I can't upload to our catalog when the book is complete.

Thanks, Todd
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Fezmo wrote: June 21st, 2022, 1:39 am Hello can I claim Section 12, please? I have completed and uploaded section 2 (https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/a_dweller_on_two_planets_chapter_2_mp3.mp3)

Thanks

Jon
Yes Section 12 is yours. Please see Todd's comment above and correct the file name. Reupload and post the corrected link here of Section 2, then I will proof listen.
Thanks!
Christine
Fezmo

Post by Fezmo »

brownrottger wrote: June 21st, 2022, 11:55 am
Fezmo wrote: June 21st, 2022, 1:39 am Hello can I claim Section 12, please? I have completed and uploaded section 2 (https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/a_dweller_on_two_planets_chapter_2_mp3.mp3)

Thanks

Jon
Yes Section 12 is yours. Please see Todd's comment above and correct the file name. Reupload and post the corrected link here of Section 2, then I will proof listen.
Thanks!
Christine
Sorry; it's my first time uploading! dwellerontwoplanets_02_oliver_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Fezmo wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 7:15 pm
brownrottger wrote: June 21st, 2022, 11:55 am

Thanks

Jon
Thanks!
Christine
Sorry; it's my first time uploading! dwellerontwoplanets_02_oliver_128kb.mp3
Did you upload it first before posting? The form is correct but it is not a link. Can you upload again and then post?
Thanks!
Christine
P.S. We were all starting out once. Don't be too hard on yourself. This, in my opinion, is a wonderfull addiction!
Fezmo

Post by Fezmo »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_02_oliver_128kb_mp3.mp3

I uploaded again. Should be there unless I am missing a step. But I followed directions.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Fezmo wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:43 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_02_oliver_128kb_mp3.mp3

I uploaded again. Should be there unless I am missing a step. But I followed directions.
So sorry but you included an extra "mp3" in the file name. I have done the same believe me. Just export from Audacity one more time excluding the "mp3" since it will add it when you upload. Thanks for your diligence and persistence. Meanwhile I can Proof Listen this rn.
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: June 24th, 2022, 3:33 am
Fezmo wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:43 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_02_oliver_128kb_mp3.mp3

So sorry but you included an extra "mp3" in the file name. I have done the same believe me. Just export from Audacity one more time excluding the "mp3" since it will add it when you upload. Thanks for your diligence and persistence. Meanwhile I can Proof Listen this rn.
Christine
Chapter 2:
Excellent clear recording! Very enjoyable listening!
Just a very few notes for this lengthy chapter:
Provide length of recording in post of link.
So sorry but you included an extra "mp3" in the file name. I have done the same believe me. Just export from Audacity one more time excluding the "mp3" since it will add it when you upload.
0:28 Please insert the words "Book the First" before "Chapter 2" as in the Section Title for Section 2 in the Magic Window
30:00 shorten silence to .5 seconds between paragraphs instead of current 4-5 seconds.
30:50 delete the words "end quotes"
42:12 Add 5 seconds of silence at the end as is required in all Librivox recordings.
Please make these edits from last to first so the time stamps stay true.
Thanks!
Christine